Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got cut off by a left hand turner a week ago at a T intersection only 200 feet from my house and low sided on the left as I tried to swerve around him.
Got a little road rash on my left arm and knee, but nothing serious.
And NO, I was not wearing a jacket or my chaps. MY BAD. :doh:
Just helmet, gloves, T-shirt, new vest and riding boots , and totally inadequate track pants.

Bike has a little road rash too, therefore need a few parts.

1. One round mirror for left side. (I think both left and right mirrors are the same.)

2. Two front signal lights, with 3 wires. . (Scraped up front left side lens and rear left side chrome housing, so after salvaging parts I can make one out of the two, and with two more 3 wire front signals I can modify rear signals to be running/brake/signals. :))

3. Two red, smoked or clear signal lenses for the above modification if anyone has some. (Probably have to get those from Custom Dynamics though.)

4. Choke cable. (IIRC the lever and cable are all one assembly.) Mine still works, just noticed after a week of rain every day that the plastic coating on the sheath is scraped off for a few inches and the steel coils have some surface rust.)

THE SPEEDO CABLE REQUESTED BELOW IS MY MOST URGENT NEED. Everything else is still functional at this time.
5. Complete speedo cable and sheath.
(Not related to accident. Speedo cable seized in sheath and bottom 4-5 inches broke off when I tried to turn it today. Cannot turn or pull remainder of cable out top of sheath. Strange because speedo and odometer worked perfectly with no jumping/bouncing around until it just quit a few days ago. Noticed a few days before speedo quit that the sheath was pinched in the steering head when turned hard left and locked. Plastic coating broken open and probably letting water inside to rust cable. That's the price I pay for not checking and lubing cables sooner. :()

6. Looking for CHROME clutch lever to match front chrome brake lever that came on the bike when I bought it.
(Asphalt grinder took off about 1/4 of the ball end off the polished aluminum lever I just got from shark (I think it was shark) to replace the chrome one I broke the ball end off of. I now have two damaged but usable clutch levers. :doh:)

If anyone has any of these parts for sale PM me with condition of said parts, pictures if possible and price wanted.

I will try to check for messages 2-3 times a day and respond ASAP.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The mirrors are different per side (one is longer than the other.. don't ask me why).

:(

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
OlHoss ,this cable is the same cable I warned you about in your other post. Just bought this cable last week. It's about 5" shorter than the oem cable forcing you to rout it over top of the caliper rather than underneath it. It also has a notched end rather than rectangular end that slides into drive hub, it still works but I'm not sure how. My first cable broke within 5 miles of riding at 45mph. The second one I've tried (ebay company sent me a new one immediately) is holding up so far, ive put 10 miles on it @ 75mph. Good luck, glad your ok.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident...glad you are OK!

I have a spare amber lens for the front blinker...pm me your address and I will send it to you if you want it.

I also think I have the bulb socket from front blinkers (will check to be sure).....you can pull the sockets out of your rear stalks and turn it into a 3wire unit by installing these. I have done the same on my bike.

PM me if you need help.

·
Registered
450 Posts
OlHoss ,this cable is the same cable I warned you about in your other post. Just bought this cable last week. It's about 5" shorter than the oem cable forcing you to rout it over top of the caliper rather than underneath it. It also has a notched end rather than rectangular end that slides into drive hub, it still works but I'm not sure how. My first cable broke within 5 miles of riding at 45mph. The second one I've tried (ebay company sent me a new one immediately) is holding up so far, ive put 10 miles on it @ 75mph. Good luck, glad your ok.
You may have gotten a bad one. I got one last week and is same length, looks identicle and works good as oem.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The mirrors are different per side (one is longer than the other.. don't ask me why).

:(
I knew one side is higher than the other but did not know one was longer. Will have to measure them.

The bottom end of the broken cable on my scoot is notched too. It straddles a pin in the drive gear. The top end into the speedo is square in section.

sorry to hear about the accident...glad you are OK!

I have a spare amber lens for the front blinker...pm me your address and I will send it to you if you want it.

I also think I have the bulb socket from front blinkers (will check to be sure).....you can pull the sockets out of your rear stalks and turn it into a 3wire unit by installing these. I have done the same on my bike.

PM me if you need help.
I'll get back to you kc. I will take the 3 wire sockets, but need to find out more about your LED boards too.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I knew one side is higher than the other but did not know one was longer. Will have to measure them.

The bottom end of the broken cable on my scoot is notched too. It straddles a pin the drive gear. The top end into the speedo is square in section.

I'll get back to you kc. I will take the 3 wire sockets, but need to find out more about your LED boards too.
I was a little confused when I first got it because the one I pulled off had a rectangular section for the drive hub, and a square for the speedo, but the notched end is working fine (100+ miles so far). Rebel was right, The first cable must have just been defective because the replacement is working fine. They shipped out the new cable immediately with no problems, didn't even ask for a return on the broken cable. I would buy from them again.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
i got a mirror for 10 +sh

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I answered your PM Tofer. I will get back to you. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts