Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding on a dirt trail I decide to U-turn in a wide spot. Stall the engine in mid left hand turn and it starts down. Try but can't stop it, but do ease it to the ground. Have a heck of a time picking it up (suppose the case of nails tied on the luggage rack added to the difficulty) :BLAM:. When I get her upright, turn on key, have lights, but she doesn't even click. Kill switch in run position. Try in neutral, first gear, wiggle the start button from all angles, check fuses, still nothing.

Thinking I may have pinched or pulled something loose on the harness while fighting with the bars to keep her upright. Any other thoughts on what I screwed up?

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Wire connection at start button, wires at kickstand switch. You could have easily pulled something loose, trying to hold the bike up and picking it up out of the dirt. Hope you did'nt brake any wires in the ordeal. You may just have to test your starting system completely. You may find where you are loosing power. Check wires to starter also.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I'll see how it turns out with my rudimentary electrical knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts