Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dirt to road
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace both throttle, choke, speed cable so i figured that while i have everything off the bar might as well replace it. I want a drag bar, mostly cause i like the look and the stock seem to far up, ive been riding dirt for many year and it feels awkward. So my question is how do i know which one to get, and what wont hit the tank. What have you guys gone with?

Thanks
-Holiday

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I, too, am in need of choke and throttle cable replacement suggestion for my Emgo bars.

The clutch cable from a 1977-1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 did the trick for me as far as the clutch is concerned.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have no input im using stock bars but ive been thinking about a set of these
Shorty TBARS Tbar T-BARS 7/8" DRAGBARS Handlebars

·
Dirt to road
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a buddy of mine gave me his old clubman bar for 30 bucks, only prob is cable lengths and when i mount all the brackets for the brake, clutch and throttle they dont all fit... any of you run into this? Do i need new clutch and brake brackets with out the mirrors?

Attachments

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

Clutch: Was way too long. Swapped with a cable from a 1977-1980 Kawasaki KZ1000
Throttle: A tad long, and not the best routing. I may just have MotionPro make a set that's -2 inches from stock.
Choke: I had to angle it away from the tank so it would not hit, but it's pretty tight. Not sure if a re-route will help.

I was able to get all the controls on the bars I used. They're more like dirt bike bars tho.

·
Dirt to road
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was thinking about dirt bars but was worried about risers, those things are to damn expensive for a college student. For the mirrors im thinking about de cluttering the handle bar by mounting them on the forks here and hopefully chop off the mirror part of the bracket to give me more space on my bar. Cause as you can see in the pic the brake line is hitting the tachometer....

Attachments

·
Overkill? Whats that?
374 Posts
Here are my drag bars. bike came with them and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts