Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CenPenRider
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. My bike is in the shop getting fork seals done. I found a seat I think will work, but I need the width between the rear mounting holes and how high they are from the fender. If this works I will post the info for an affordable more comfy seat.

Thanks,

Steve:)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
My seat is in the house and I can tell you the distance between the seat retaining bolts on the backrest is 80 mm Center to Center, or just a hair over 3 1/8 ".

Sorry but the bike is outside under a tarp cover.
It is too cold and snowy to dig it out right now to measure the height from the fender. :(

·
CenPenRider
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet that width works. Thanks.

Now with a height measurment I can hopefully buy the seat and check it out.

I found a harley seat that basically looks like ours, just wider both front and back. A very comfy seat. I would hate to spend 200 bucks and then find out it's not even close

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
If no one else gives you a height measurement sooner, I will try to get it for you tomorrow when it is light and warmer outside.

Others have mounted various Harley seats to the vn, and they look good.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The center of the elongated mounting slots on the backrest frame are 135 mm above the fender. (5 5/16")

·
CenPenRider
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that is close. I have been looking at a harley softail seat PN 51649-07A.

The distance center to center on its mounting points is 3 and 3/4 inches and 5 inches above the fender. The shape is the same as our seats. I think I will try to find a cheap used one to test fit.

Thanks again

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts