Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left side muffler and chrome exhaust cover broke on my '03 VN750, probably from the center stand touching. Items must be in great shape. Got it? Don't just let it sit on your bench collecting dust, sell it to me.
Spencer Boyd
[email protected]
706-207-1080

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
It was broken on my '03 too, probably in the same place,... right about where the rear clamp is on the cover?

The muffler also had the front end broken out of it, the whole neck where the muffler clamp goes. Just discovered that today. Maybe take a close look at yours. The muffler can't fall off, but it might be hard to re-install if the neck comes completely off.

I thought it was from the wreck, but it went down on the right side. Defect? Parts installed in a bind? I just made a whole giant post about trying to get the new muffler lined up right.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I know I have a decent heat shield. I have to check my left muffler and see what condition it is in.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to weld the muffler back together and it wouldn't be seen, it wasn't leaking that I could tell either. Different story on the cover of course.

I think it would be a good idea to switch the cover screws to hex heads.

Just saw a set of almost new Harley mufflers go for $5.

·
Redneck on a rice burner
179 Posts
I have plenty of extra parts ,I will check later today. Is there anything else you need /want ? seat ,forks, wheels F & B ,trunk,3/4 windshield, custom lowers, handle bars ,tank bra ,cargo rack ,backrest , chrome front fender & chrome side tins and much more . I just striped down my vn750 ,going to a bobber style.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
I have plenty of extra parts ,I will check later today. Is there anything else you need /want ? seat ,forks, wheels F & B ,trunk,3/4 windshield, custom lowers, handle bars ,tank bra ,cargo rack ,backrest , chrome front fender & chrome side tins and much more . I just striped down my vn750 ,going to a bobber style.
Stock bars?? PM sent

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M Angell, I'd love to buy your heat shield. How much with shipping to 30558?
Spencer
706-207-1080
[email protected]

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M_Angel has the chrome cover, now who has a deceint looking muffler? My bike's no beauty queen but I try to maintain it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts