Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Eagle Riders 4146
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, so apologies in advance.

I recently purchased an '03 VN750...3 weeks ago to be specific. I changed all fluids on day 2, but haven't had time to ride since bringing it home. I finally had a chance to ride this weekend, but it wouldn't start. Lights came on dim, but not enough juice to start. I bought an 8amp charger/tender, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the seat off to access the top of the battery. Is anyone familiar with the seat showing in the pictures? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Unlock and open the tool box behind the seat. Inside you'll see two bolts. Remove them and the seat will come off.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,731 Posts
it's an "ancient Chinese secret"..........:wink2:

yeah, what he said ^.....open the back, and loosen the bolts. off she comes. :rockon:

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
never seen the brown seat was that recovered I wonder?

·
Eagle Riders 4146
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lesson learned...search the forum first. I did this AFTER I posted my question. Should you be looking for the answer...open the toolbox behind the seat, and remove the two (2) bolts. Voila! The seat lifts right off!

·
Eagle Riders 4146
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not sure, wib714, but it's comfortable. :) I really dig the lighter natural leather colors, and the conchos are a bonus. I'm planning to wrap the grips and levers to match. Thanks for the reply.

·
Eagle Riders 4146
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just saw your reply, Chris and Shim. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Now that I know how it comes off...it seems so obvious. I'm a newbie and still learning. :) VN750.com user posts have already been extremely helpful. I'm looking forward to day I know enough to be able to contribute. Btw...noticed you're retired USAF. My son is a SrA with the 820th BDG at Moody. Aim High...Fly, Fight, Win!

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I never was at Moody even though I am originally from Georgia. Stateside I was at Luke, Langley, Carswell, and finishing here at McChord. Overseas I was at Kadena, Osan, Osan, Kunsan, and again at Osan. I was an AMMO troop (munitions/explosives). What does your son do?

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
You can also take the side plate off the "passenger" side (Right) of the bike (the triangle) and use the two open wires on female bullet connectors to access the bikes main voltage supply. It's there for accessories you may want to add. There is a second set in the headlight and is accessible by reaching your hand in the bottom of the headlight housing and pulling them down. Either of these are a direct link to the battery if you need to apply voltage there, or retrieve it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts