Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I recently rebuilt my petcock but rushed it so it was still leaking. I took it apart today as I had more time to make sure everything was put togeather correctly. This is where I ran into a few problems. It seems as though I need to replace the fuel lines as they are a bit stiff, and would like to know of the propper routing. Also, it appears the elbows (?) are not fully locked in the petcock (starting to think this is the cause of my leak). Also one of the tiny screws that hold the faceplate won't stay in. All I have is the Clymer and it's not very useful, so if you guys could help me out it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Those elbows will come off, although they can be a PITA to reinsert properly. I think someone here once said that when the bike starts up, the vacuum should cinch the elbows into the unit, but maybe someone else can weigh in on that. If I remember correctly, the faceplate does hold that knob (and its gasket) tight onto the unit. I may have a spare screw from an old one - they're really, really small!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On closer inspection, I found the threads on the petcock are stripped :doh:, so I guess I'll be calling the salvage yard tomorrow. Still pretty sure it was messed up as the elbows didn't fit. One side was what seemed to me loose and the other side wouldn't go in all the way :confused: (and yes I did try to put them on opposit sides). At least I have a new rebuild kit to put in the "new to me" petcock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts