Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have been following the procedure described in the Verses for cleaning the ignition switch and my bike ('94) seems to be slightly different than what was described there. For example, the Verses indicate that the switch will have two wires that need to be disconnected to remove the assembly from the bike, one multiconnector and one single wire, but mine has the multiconnector and two wires. I disconnected all three, but am wondering why the difference.

Anyway, I now have the switch out of the bike and have some questions abut what I see, the descriptions I have read don't seem to quite match what I have but maybe it's all just a matter of perception.

-The four tabs: I have attached some photos to help me identify what needs to be unclipped in order to open it up, I have read so many warning about how fragile this is that I don't want to go all animal on it without knowing for sure what I am doing

-I have seen references made to the "puck", which I am assuming is the lower piece with the wires attached to it. Because it is not quite circular, I wanted to make sure that this is indeed the puck

I am going to get into this some evening this week, if you have any clarification or words of advice to offer before I proceed I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Matt

Attachments

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Hi guys,

I have been following the procedure described in the Verses for cleaning the ignition switch and my bike ('94) seems to be slightly different than what was described there. For example, the Verses indicate that the switch will have two wires that need to be disconnected to remove the assembly from the bike, one multiconnector and one single wire, but mine has the multiconnector and two wires. I disconnected all three, but am wondering why the difference.

Anyway, I now have the switch out of the bike and have some questions abut what I see, the descriptions I have read don't seem to quite match what I have but maybe it's all just a matter of perception.

-The four tabs: I have attached some photos to help me identify what needs to be unclipped in order to open it up, I have read so many warning about how fragile this is that I don't want to go all animal on it without knowing for sure what I am doing

-I have seen references made to the "puck", which I am assuming is the lower piece with the wires attached to it. Because it is not quite circular, I wanted to make sure that this is indeed the puck

I am going to get into this some evening this week, if you have any clarification or words of advice to offer before I proceed I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Matt
You found the Puck..... open the puck VERY carefully..... suggest a kitchen table covered with a cloth (or similiar set-up with good light)....little springs will jump out .......LOL

Clean contacts shinny.......

take your time..... you should not have any problem which one cannot solve.

Go for it !

:smiley_th

Reactions: Ron Ryman

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Even if you break the tabs, slme superglue and a zip tie will be fine. I never took mine off the bike, just opened it still attached. The puck does need to be pressed against the wire side in the end. It can't be loose.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I haven't done a switch, but pics 1 and 2 are lock tabs. Sometimes it's safer to pry the cover/case out instead of pushing the tab in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts