Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in need of many parts. i lost my good bike in a divorce 9 yrs ago and recenlty found this one a 1998 vn 750 it looked in good shape when i got it. but now that i have had time with it i see i need

front in take cam

kleihn carbs or a rebuild kit or somebody to rebuild them for me(of course for a fee)

i need a voltage reg

looking for a crash bar

well this is a start

i looked on e bay and it seams these parts dont go cheap, but im on a fixed budget..

i have old mopar muscle car parts or chevy trans am parts to trade if anyone is looking

also where is the best place to buy new gaskets for my project

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
You should be able to do the carbs with some patience and a clymers manual. It's supposedly easier to take them apart than it is to take them off the bike. :smiley_th

Also, the voltage regulator (Also known as the Rectifier / Regulator) is shared amongst several bikes. I found a used off a 93 Ninja 600 for $25 on eBay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

wheres the best place to get a manuel for this bike

i also read in your check list to up date the chain tensioner is the factory tensioner no good. i can seem to find a complete carb kit

where a good place to find a carb kit

thank you for the heads up in advance

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Where do you live? I have a motor with a bad stator just sitting here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its so nice too see good bike people

thank you all for the help. i just purchased a manuel
i am intrested in the motor if i can afford it
i live in delaware shipping would probly be expensive

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
i am intrested in the motor if i can afford it
i live in delaware shipping would probly be expensive
YUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

I ask cause if you were closer I'd just give it to yah.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
they have a complete carb kit on ebay you just have to dig for it i believe its 30 bucks and i found the k&n air filters on there 55 bucks free shipping

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks duece

where do u live. i would love to have a spare motor for parts. im take taking the motor the rest of the way apart today. i think i need a head too the front 2 cyl. have run very hot at some point the exhaust it not chrome anymore due to the front cyl. running lean (or so it looks) i would love to try and get the motor ur are offering..

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
He's out here in So Cal. I'm also looking for an engine and inquired with him. He's about an hour or so away from me. :smiley_th

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey thtanner are you looking for the whole motor , cause i will pay a few bucks for front and rear head and the cams

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
hey thtanner are you looking for the whole motor , cause i will pay a few bucks for front and rear head and the cams
I was looking for a whole one to rebuild from the ground up. I hope to replace my wife's bike's engine eventually as it is not in the best of condition. I didn't really have any plans for her engine after I replace it, so I'd probably end up passing it along to a forum member.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts