Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my carbs for cleaning as the jets were plugged up. Now I am trying to
put them back on the bike. My problem is I cannot get them into the rubber ducts that go to the cyl heads. I am working with a Clymer repair manual & have
followed the instructions. The duct on the front cyl stayed with the head upon carb removal. The projection on the duct is lined up with the one on the cyl head. The back duct came off withe the carb & I failed to mark how the projection lined up on the carb before removing it. I have tried to follow instructions in the book for aligning the back duct, but I must be doing it wrong.
I have moved it several times trying to find a spot where it will work.
I have been trying for 2 days now & still have had no success.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Stafford
Bristow, Ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Just had mine off Friday and Sat. Front one nib should be at 12 O'clock
Rear cylinder. Facing from rear to front nib should be around 1 O'clock'
I put some vasoline on rubbers to let them slide in easier.
Good luck
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried 1 o`clock and in small movements every position from 12 o`clock to 3 o`clock. After reading your post, tried 1 o`clock again. I can get the back
hose to line up and go on, but I can never get the front carb to go in the hose.
I have been trying to put these carbs on for 5 days now. I have given up. I am going to wait until I get the money to have a pro do it.
I have an 81 goldwing that has problems also. I am going to sell it and use the money to fix the vn750.
Thanks for the advice.
Mike Stafford
Bristow, Ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I remember having trying everything (having both of the rubber pieces off and somehow getting them on after the fact, etc.). It took a lot of poking, prodding, and stretching (and cussing and skinned knuckles and thrown tools), but they did go back on. The other thing I did was wedge something under the big plastic airbox to give me as much room as possible to work down there. Installation is definitely the WORST part of that job. It's a pain, but it can be done.


If I have to rebuild it again, I will remove the whole intake system and replace it. That should help!
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top