Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished mounting a heritage softail seat to my near perfect vn750, yet I cant figure out how to set up the front tab where the seat locks under the fuel tank. Can I just screw a piece of flat stock into the seat and hope for the best or is there a better more secure way. Also when I drill the hole for the rear pillion seat do I drill into the taillight or remove the taillight and go aftermarket and just drill into the rear fender ?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Can I just screw a piece of flat stock into the seat and hope for the best
most people rivet a piece of flat stock to the seat in the front... bend the piece into either a flat z shape, or a square u... the flat z is the easiest though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You lost me. Cant I just rivet it into the lower part of the seat and let it protrude into the fuel tank hoop ? Is there any pics ?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
First, yes you hit the same concept I was saying... I was just saying the the flat bar can't lay flush with the bottom of the seat, it needs to hang down a little bit so as to easily clear the center lip.

I can't take credit for this... Artimis has to take credit... but here is his blog on making his Harley Heritage seat fit the VN... now in my opinion he went a little overboard, but he was tailering the seat to suit his personal needs... but for what you need to do, this shows prety good...

·
Registered
900 Posts
as far as drilling into the tail light... I did it.. but I went all the way thru the fender as well... you ahve to be very carfull and stay between the bulbs (there is a chanle)...get a spacer.. I used a long 1/2 socket a stainless steel bolt and a wing nuts (put mine on the bottom to clean up the look)...I am useing a VN900 seat and have it set back a bit.. a friend is makeing me a "bibb" for it to cover up the openarea around thefront and sides of the seat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any pics of the underside of the seat just so I can get some ideas? I know what you mean slim, just rivet a z shaped piece of flatstock into the prexisiting flatstock thats currently on the Harley seat but I would like to see some pics before I do it.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
lol, I was just about to go get that from my album. The lighter metal under the "now" painted loop was an exsisting tab. I fastened to it. Depending on the year & such this may or may not be there. Good Luck!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
lol, I was just about to go get that from my album. The lighter metal under the "now" painted loop was an exsisting tab. I fastened to it. Depending on the year & such this may or may not be there. Good Luck!
For the life of me I couldn't remember who did this... but a little bit of digging I found your thread. I was hopeing you would have posted while I was digging...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts