Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the inner fork tubes on my '01 got pitted badly after sitting outside for 7-8 years. The right one has busted the fork oil seal.

If anyone has any usable decent fork tubes, I'd like to replace the ones on my bike.

Let me know and what the terms are.

Much appreciated. I am in N. Calif.

·
Registered
2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all, the inner fork tubes on my '01 got pitted badly after sitting outside for 7-8 years. The right one has busted the fork oil seal.

If anyone has any usable decent fork tubes, I'd like to replace the ones on my bike.

Let me know and what the terms are.

Much appreciated. I am in N. Calif.
UPDATE: Found a set from an '06 (!!!) on eBay for under $200. Seller claims the bike was never driven (well he said 70miles). Will add at least half that in resale value to the machine.

·
Registered
2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: Found a set from an '06 (!!!) on eBay for under $200. Seller claims the bike was never driven (well he said 70miles). Will add at least half that in resale value to the machine.
UPDATE PART II:
If it is too good to be true it is.
The bad news: The left fork leaked fluid very badly just from being shipped.

The good news: It leaked from the cylinder bolt at the bottom of the fork tube. the bolt was loose and I took it out and there is no sealing washer. I might get by with putting one in and hitting it with my drill set to torque setting 20 (max); I sold my impact driver years ago in the divorce melt-down sale. But I think it will be ok...maybe.. knock on wood...

The eBay seller has lots of negative feedback and said he would give me a credit but didn't, but anyway, for $200 these forks are like new and I am a very happy camper IF this fix works out.

Thanks for listening... haha...

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Don't believe the bolt needs to be torqued, but the factory did use loctite on it. That's why they're so tough to remove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts