Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I need a replacement driveshaft coupler, either just the coupler or the entire driveshaft with coupler, the splines need to be in good condition.

I have cash in hand, just need photos and a price.

TM

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Actually, I've seen a lot of stripped couplers on here. I think the coupler is probably softer than the input shaft splines.

Ebay is usually the best bet, if you watch you can usually find a whole shaft around $20.

Someone on here may pop up with one too.

Can also check ebay stores like, pinwall cycle or williescycle .. they have so many items not all are always listed in searches.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the wear on mine makes the splines look more like triangles rather than square splines :p

I'm wary of buying one off of fleabay without a good photo of the splines, that one you linked to THTanner only showed the engine side splines not the splines of the coupler

So far I haven't found anything that will work, at least not at a reasonable price :/

If anyone has one in their spare parts bin then I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
Yeah, the wear on mine makes the splines look more like triangles rather than square splines :p

I'm wary of buying one off of fleabay without a good photo of the splines, that one you linked to THTanner only showed the engine side splines not the splines of the coupler

So far I haven't found anything that will work, at least not at a reasonable price :/

If anyone has one in their spare parts bin then I'd be glad to take it off your hands.
l've got a drive shaft if you p/m me your addy i'll send it to you . if you like it send me back the postage. fair enough?

Reactions: thtanner

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Nice play minikrew. That's what were all about.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Nice play minikrew. That's what were all about.
it's like this and like that and like this and uhh...so just chillll, til the next episode

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts