Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'03 vn 750 red and grey
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, '03. Need to replace R/R. Been reading old posts(years back) about Mosfet being the way to go, but hardly any listings for Mosfet regulators. Are they still the way to go? Who has them? Seeing lots of listings under $25. Cheap junk? What is the 2020 info on what brand to buy and where to buy it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Roadstercycle still has the MOSFET kit, but the price has gone up. Around $125 or so.

I'd be wary of a $25 MOSFET.

·
'03 vn 750 red and grey
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, my post was not worded well. $25 listings don't say mosfet so I guess they are "regular". Is $25 the going rate for a regular? If the mosfet are so scarce, I will probably get a regular one but would like to know who has a good name brand unit. thanks.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Instinct tells me $25 is junk period. The OEM is close to $200 I believe. So I’d think a good replacement would still be more than $25

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Some members here have used cheaper RRs and they worked, but I don't think there's any long term reports. It all could just die on them and we never see them again.

The charging system is already behind the 8-ball on this bike. Electrical mods can help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I second the mosfet unit from roadstercycle. I tried the cheap r/rs and they're junk. I'm so happy with the mosfet unit that I'm planning to buy one for another bike when its r/r fails

·
Registered
93 Posts
FH020AA on roadstercycle. I'm typically as cheap as they come but I wouldn't try to shop deals here because there are a lot of fakes out there. Also Jack does costumer service right

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
FH020AA on roadstercycle. I'm typically as cheap as they come but I wouldn't try to shop deals here because there are a lot of fakes out there. Also Jack does costumer service right

Yep, Jack extended my warranty because it was going to be six months before installing.

The kit couldn't be easier.

Think he stopped using eBay and is using his website exclusively.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts