Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 VN750 and my wife dropped the bike and broke the clutch lever. Can anyone tell me the best place to find a replacement? I searched ebay with no luck.

Thank You
Dan

·
2,519 Posts
I got the Kuryakyn chrome wide levers from ebay when I got my bike. The chrome looks great and they were an exact fit, easy to install too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read a review on CruiserCustomizing on the Kuryakyn chrome wide levers from a person with an 85 like mine and they said the clutch lever fit fine but the break lever didn't because they were designed for the 91 and later models.

I don't want to buy both if I can't use the brake lever. I'm hoping I can find just the clutch lever but if I can't then I won't have any choice as I can't use the bike now the way it is.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Try J C Whitney, that's where I got my wide levers.

DT

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Try Ron Ayers. The part number is 46092-1151.

http://www.ronayers.com

Looks like they want $27.08 for a new clutch lever.

·
Registered
119 Posts
"http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx"

(Sorry, can't post the link -- Don't have enough posts to my name yet. :) )

This is the website that I used to find a good many parts after an unscheduled dismount. There are a few places a few dollars cheaper, but all in all, it is worth it knowing that the parts are stock. Just enter your bike year, and model and the rest is just clicking on the parts you want.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I've got a spare OEM from the bike I'm parting out, and I may have a spare wide lever that I accidentally bought. Shoot me a pm - I can have it in the mail to you tomorrow.

·
2,519 Posts
I read a review on CruiserCustomizing on the Kuryakyn chrome wide levers from a person with an 85 like mine and they said the clutch lever fit fine but the break lever didn't because they were designed for the 91 and later models.

I don't want to buy both if I can't use the brake lever. I'm hoping I can find just the clutch lever but if I can't then I won't have any choice as I can't use the bike now the way it is.

Thanks
Dan
Sorry, didn't realize they didn't have the brake lever available for the 1st generation master cylinder. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Cindy's way cool to deal with; hit her up for what shes got, you won't regret it. :smiley_th
lol It's amazing how much stuff one can accumulate in only two years of wrenching...oh, of dropping bikes and having to replace half of everything. :doh: I am starting to see parts of the garage again, though, so things are looking up -- for the next project bike! Yeah!:rockon:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to all who replied. You have been a great help. My wife is going to check the local bone yard tomorrow to see if she can find one. The dealer wants $40 plus taxes for a new one.

Dan

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try J C Whitney, that's where I got my wide levers.

DT
Hi DT

Now, from one DT to another DT a quick question.

What do you mean by a wide lever ?

I have a problem with the brake and clutch levers on my 91 VN750 where I find the lever too far away from the the hand grips. On my VFR750 it is very comfortable and I do not have to stretch my fingers at all. On the VN I have to stretch to grab the lever.

I am 6ft, 200lb so not so much a small statured person, so I was wondering if there are different levers to account for my "small" hands.

Regards

DaveT
Kuala Lumpur

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Here's the pic

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
What do you mean by a wide lever ?
I think the best way to answer this question is comparing the stock original lever to a piece of 3/8" round stock and the wide levers to 1/2" flat stock, more lever in contact with the hand.

Reminds me, I need to get me a set of them too lol.

Someone correct me if I'm totally off base.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife was able to find an after marker replacement at the bone wreckers for $12.50 so when we get it installed we should be good to go.

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts