Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I was giving my daughter rides around our neighborhood at <15mph, and I was having trouble keeping the bike idling - I had to keep the choke on full. I put some Seafoam in the tank and let it sit overnight. The next day, it started right up, and after warming up, idled just fine. But now the problem has moved to whatever is responsible for keeping the throttle open when decelerating. When I let off the gas, the engine slowly decelerates with a lot of popping/burbling. What do I need to fix/unclog? I'm not looking to marble it, I'm just looking to get everything back running like it was. I imagine it is some kind of vacuum-controlled thingy on the carb.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
First check your system for a vacuum leak; failing anything there, I'd suggest pulling the carbs apart and giving them a thorough cleaning. The Seafoam may have loosened up some bit o' crud that's now affecting the float movement or the coasting enricher. Tear it down, pull the gaskets, hit the jets and related with carb cleaner, and then dry thoroughly (and quickly) with compressed air. When you reinstall, make sure you sync the carbs.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eww..I was afraid you'd say that.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
It's easier if you've got skinny fingers. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts