Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Metal Automotive super charger part
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Musical instrument
Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Bumper
So I just bought this 88 Vulcan 750 basket case from a neighbor and I want to get it running. I know the engine cranks, but it looks like the carb is a little off and I want to address that before attempting to start it. (It has other minor issues as well with the gas tank). If you look at the last two pics you can see nozzles where there is clearly a hose missing. From my understanding there are two hoses that come to a T from those. Where do they run after the T? Also, there are three hoses. I believe the bottom one on the top pic to be a fuel line running to the petcock, what about the other two? I'm coming from a single carb Honda rebel which was much simpler and I'm a novice in bike machanics. Aside from that, the missing fuel guage float, and a dead battery, I'm hoping it'll fire up. Oh on last question in the one picture you can see what looks like a piece of unwound spring. Is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Those two hose you refer to that come to a 'T' branch off to a single hose that is routed to a rear hole behind the left side (from the front view) air box. The tube has to be cut at an angle and just slides in there. It's for passive air.

Those two rubber hoses should connect to the petcock. Front and rear carb fuel lines. The hose on the bottom left goes on the bottom of the petcock.

No, that spring shouldn't be unwound like that.

I'm no expert here, so I defer to the pros. I think I got this right, though.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
If you remove the tank, you can see where the hoses connect to the carbs. There's two vents and two fuel inlets.

I'm not sure by the pics which side the one vacuum hose is on. Left side vacuum goes to the center port of the petcock, right side vacuum goes to the air valve under the seat. The vacuum port on each carb points out to the side.

The spring is on the choke plunger, you'll need to make sure the plunger moves up when you pull the choke, and goes back down when the choke is turned off. The choke is actually an enricher, so will feed extra fuel if it stays in the up position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts