Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here it goes, I just installed a new speedo cable and the speedometer is not working. So I take the cable off of the speedo and turn the front wheel backwards (reverse) and the cable spins, I turn the tire forewards (correct way) and the cable does not move. Any help would be great.

Thank You
Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
maybe a bent speedo receiver? I would say take the front wheel off and take a look at the condition of the receiver and the gearing in the speedometer. maybe there is an easier way to diagnose it, but not that I'm aware of

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Make sure that the cable is fully seated in both the speedo and the wheel sender. If it is fully seated, you have to check the wheel sender and the speedo itself. If the speedo was working before the cable broke (assume the cable broke), then it is probably not seated correctly now.

Jon

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cable is turning but only if the wheel is turned backwards, if you turn the wheel forward the cable does not spin to show MPH. I wonder if the unit could be backwards?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The speedo cable is different on both ends so it will go on only one way. The speedo gearbox is the same it will only connect to the wheel in one way. Was the speedometer working before you installed the new cable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts