Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a spare r/r lying around? Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2003 750 that needs a regulator. Nothing on ebay and Rick's is backlogged. Help......

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
none on ebay?
there is at least one guy parting out his bike right now. while there maybe no RR specifically listed he still might have it. shoot him an email. and don't despair. there will be more eventually

thats how i found a replacement final drive unit...
hmmm... will shoot him an email about R/R for you. will let you know however i would not hold my breath on it - he replying very slow, still haven't returned my last email.
EDIT:
NVM on that, called him right now, he sold the R/R first thing...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks tankist, keep me in mind if you hear of one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There's one on ebay. Search for "KLF KEF 300 BAYOU". It supposedly fits our bikes too, it looks identical in the picture. I think the buy it now price is ~$80.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've gotten R/Rs from Bike Bandit. They are just fine. I replaced mine when I did a stator replacement haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That link says it's for a '96. Would this work on an '03? I know a lot of stuff is interchangeable, not sure here. I contacted their customer service online and the sales rep. told me it was $142. I said I thought it was $89 and he didn't know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just randomly picked a 96- they are all the same-

if you go through the online search tree you can pick a 03 if you want

·
Registered
236 Posts
That link says it's for a '96. Would this work on an '03? I know a lot of stuff is interchangeable, not sure here. I contacted their customer service online and the sales rep. told me it was $142. I said I thought it was $89 and he didn't know.
The $142 price is for the OEM r/r, the $89 is for the electrex. I just ordered the electrex last night. I also found one on mawonline.com for $99 with free shipping, not sure what the brand name is though and I needed a speedo cable which BB had, so I sprung for the $6 shipping.

When you get to the BB website, look to the left side and click on aftermarket parts and that'll get you headed in the right direction.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you do get it and are lazy- try my trick- just relocate the new one (4 bucks in parts from the hardware store) and dont even bother removing the old one. job was done in about 20 minutes that way.

someday ill get the old one out-- but no hurries-

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had already moved it to the frame by the rear wheel back in the fall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts