Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enough parts to build another on a scratch built frame, but I’m gonna need a title and it’ll be all VN750 parts so i wanna build it as a vn750. Anyone got a dead bike they wanna get rid of the title to? I’ll throw a few bucks towards ya. I’ve been wanting to do a stretched frame.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
might wanna check the local ordinances, you may need more than a title.. I would expect it would need the vin attached to the bike as well. find a donor frame, with matching title, and just use the head tube off it.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to stamp this one I’m building. The VN has two stickers on it, mine will have actual dimple print in steel.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Have to stamp this one I’m building. The VN has two stickers on it, mine will have actual dimple print in steel.
I don't think I still have mine from the 85 but I'll check my papers

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: One1

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
“Throws money at screen”

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
There is a custom frame builder around here. He mainly builds hardtail frames. What he does is take the steering head from a titled frame, and use it on his custom frame. The VIN is stamped into the steering head.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
All VN750s sold in the U.S. have the VIN stamped into the steering head. You cannot title it as a VN750 unless it has a VN750 steering head. You can get a VN750 frame with a title, and build the steering head into the frame. In most states, in order to title a custom built vehicle, it not only has to be inspected by the motor vehicle division to see if it is roadworthy, but you have to have a receipt for every single part on it. Kind of difficult if you already have the parts and no receipt. What you want to do would not be possible in my state. Some custom built frames come with a VIN and a title. That makes it easy to register it as whatever the description on the frame says. It will need a year and model number/name. and even then it can be difficult to insure if that information does not show up on the insurance companies list. I won't touch a bike without a title. They make it almost impossible to prevent people from registering stolen vehicles.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still looking

·
Registered
3 Posts
In some states, you don't need a title if it's over a certain age (usually 20 years)

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Go here, all you need is a bill of sale, and you don't have to live in Vermont. Vermont DMV will issue a title, registration and plates. With that, you can register the bike in your home state. https://www.cartitles.com/title-option-2/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts