Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I bought some 3 years ago off eBay from Cedar Grove Motors.

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought some 3 years ago off eBay from Cedar Grove Motors.

I appreciate that, but it says that those aren't complete sets. I don't want to have to buy more stuff to make those work. I'll have to look around online and see if I can find complete sets.

·
Super Moderator
12,275 Posts
Seems like I remember someone buying a short roll of wire from Autozone along with four plug caps and just making his own.

Or perhaps talk to these folks:

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like I remember someone buying a short roll of wire from Autozone along with four plug caps and just making his own.

Or perhaps talk to these folks:
Ok, I'll look into it, thanks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I appreciate that, but it says that those aren't complete sets. I don't want to have to buy more stuff to make those work. I'll have to look around online and see if I can find complete sets.
The ones I bought were a complete set. Though I looked again tonight and I couldn't find the ones I bought.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Couldn't find any on eBay, except with coils and most of those were used.

There's probably a lot of the automotive sets that you cut and assemble yourself.

If your plug boots are ok....

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couldn't find any on eBay, except with coils and most of those were used.

There's probably a lot of the automotive sets that you cut and assemble yourself.

If your plug boots are ok....

Not really, two of them look rather rough. Today, when I cranked the bike, it was sort of coughing, and my first instinct was that it sounded like one plug was loose. Felt the first two and the third shocked me. Turns out the front right plug was leaking voltage onto the wire wrapped around the throttle cables. I did reroute those cables, but still, is there no way to buy the spark plug wiring, complete and ready to go???

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Not really, two of them look rather rough. Today, when I cranked the bike, it was sort of coughing, and my first instinct was that it sounded like one plug was loose. Felt the first two and the third shocked me. Turns out the front right plug was leaking voltage onto the wire wrapped around the throttle cables. I did reroute those cables, but still, is there no way to buy the spark plug wiring, complete and ready to go???
Not that I've seen anywhere. The boots are always seperate, and both ends of the wire push onto a metal spike without the metal contacts found on automotive wires. On the coil end there's a threaded cap on the coil which slips over the wire.

Two long caps

Two short caps

·
Premium Member
75 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts