Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need the whole unit...mine was broken when I got it, so I just threaded in a bolt to seal...anyone has one for sale/trade, etc...lemme know please...Only other way is if I tap it out for a different Schraeder. But I dunno if they even make tops and bottoms different...I have taps, so thats not an issue...but I wanna balance out my air...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Go to a tire shop. They make ones that bolt together for aftermarket rims. Take the cap off and drill them out and bolt the valve in it's place.
They make several types, straight, 45 degree, 90 degree with different lengths, so finding one that will work will be pretty easy.
And they are pretty cheap as well, maybe 5 or 6 bucks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have some 1/4 hard plastic truck air line that I'm going to use and fab up a single line with a gauge to supply both forks that will make it a lot easier to fill and keep them both at the same pressure.
I'm going to fab up a set for the rear shocks. So if there is an interest, I will make some extra sets.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All great options...it just began bothering me now after a ride down a hardscrabble dirt road....and I will PM ya NewRider....the mechanical tire stem (same as I have in my rims) is a thought, but I wanted to avoid removing the whole unit if possible....

And Smith....somebody already did a rear shock equalizer here on the forum...Ol Hoss mebbe ?....or mebbe he just had a link to one....I did see a kit on these forums fer like 35 bucks....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts