Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all !
Yesterday , while riding my bike , the neautral indicator light stayed lit no matter what gear I was in. Called a local dealer ( service dept.) rep
said electrical line may be grounded or bent. I am taking a trip next week,and,
rep indicated that the problem was very minor. Can anyone explain to me where the wire for the neautral indicator might be ? I do believe the rep , but , the constant light bothers me. Next available appt. at dealer is in July!

Thanks to anyone who might help.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
The neutral switch is located on teh right rear of the engine crankcase, and there's a thin, light green wire that is your connector. It's probably that little wire - very slender, especially given its location. And should be very cheap fix! :pepper:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Opps, I didn't see this second post :doh:
Cindy's reply is probably easier to find the wire than looking on the wiring diagram
Anyhow, here's my reply to the other one.........

If ya check out the service manual HERE (dial-up warning, LARGE file!) there is a schematic of the wiring (click 'Bookmarks' on the left side, click 'Vulcan 750 Manual', scroll down to #15 (electrical syatem) scroll down to 'Wiring Diagram' and there ya are.
The earlier systems with the turnsignal cut off is there to, so be sure you're looking at the right one.

Give a yell if ya need more help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
if you can't get it fixed before your trip and the light on the dash bothers you do, then a quick fix is to put a piece of electrical tape over the offensive light ( i had a ford pickup with a faulty check engine light that had a peice of electrical tape on it on it for years, worked for me, LOL). my 750 was like that for a week before my neutral switch came in. Just an FYI for your concerns , the bike is save to ride , just be careful when starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts