Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever want a unique graphic on yer bike or brain bucket ?...found a place that does em cheap...send em the graphic, they show ya a proto, and yer off...

I just painted my bike left right and sideways...and i wanted something different on the tank...I got this coming...

http://www.buildasign.com/SignReview.aspx?T=6F4D586A69474A6D69564A7852787075525059414B413D3D

If that didnt work....

Prices are right too !!! Tell me what yer thoughts are...Ive used quality decals/pinstripes before and clearcoated over with good results...

http://www.buildasign.com/custom-decals

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
let me know how that works out, let me know if you think decal will stick to flat black?

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theyre reg vinyl decals...they'll stick, but yer gonna need to matte clear coat over the top, else the edges will start to lift...remember the wolf head decals on my bike ?...same thing....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Theyre reg vinyl decals...they'll stick, but yer gonna need to matte clear coat over the top, else the edges will start to lift...remember the wolf head decals on my bike ?...same thing....
ahhh ok, I remember now.

Im going to keep the bike the way it is for now.

The other day when I left the headlight on, it drained the battery, did not realize until yesterday when I went to start it, oops.

Charged it over night, back to normal now.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fer those prices Kanuck, willin to bet theyre made as cheap as possible....thats why I suggested clearcoating over....
I had "Lethal Threat" decals on mine w/o the clearcoat, and needed a razor to get em off...REAL good stickum....
If I order, I'll get an extra or two and test first before I apply.
That graphic btw, I had on the tank bib on my Harley....always wanted to get it painted onto the sides...got one estimate of $175....I'll try the decals first.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet theyre thermal printed...thats why on the order thing they ask if for inside or outside a window...
Probably gonna need to trim with an Exacto too once I get em....no biggie...fer that price...I was figuring more like $12 each...they gotta be bangin these out at this cost...
if they suck, I'll delete the post, lol...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
OK, I'm gonna show my ignorance and maybe I've led a sheltered life... but, can you explain the significance of the hot chick sittin in a horseshoe graphic? Looks interesting, but I'm one of those people that have to analyze the custom license plates and try to figure out what the cryptic messages are. :D

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Actually, it IS somewhat cryptic....naturally, that's "Lady Luck"...varriations were oft painted onto onto WW2 aircraft (do a search of "nose art")....
This one in particular though, is part of the cover off a Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) album...a solo attempt...his nick is "Ace"....
I was dfrawn between this and a Von Dutch Flying Eyeball...still am....but the Eyeball is pretty common....wanted something unique...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Makes perfect sense now. Especially after noticing the wishbone in the stocking. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And in typical Grateful Dead fassion, theres a lot more....

Dice earrings rolling a 7...4 leaf clover.....rabbits foot...
But as with all perceived luck, someone usually tosses in a monkey wrench....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Didn't notice those before.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"The Greatest Story Ever Told", by Bob Weir and Robert Hunter has a line in it too...

"The one thing we need is a left-hand monkey wrench" ...so its all a cryptical envelopment... :)

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
She's like a Lucky Charm...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Sweet.Wolfie.love it:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered em last night...cost me a whopping $4.79....I paid the extra shipping though at $8 because otherwise wouldda came in "great" shape, lol...
So works out to $6.50/side for custom...will see what the quality is, lol.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stickers came today...pretty decent quality considering the price...here they are mounted and clearcoated...I should have trimmed em more with an Exacto, as the black background doesnt match the tank paint, but once mounted, I took a brush with same paint and just edged em...came out OK methinks...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts