Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrggghhh!!! What a PIA this is to install. Lowers in particular. Think I've got it now though, (on a wing & a prayer.)

Pray for me...

·
239 Posts
Hmmmm...strange, didnt have any trouble installing mine at all, in fact, I take mine on and off all the time depending on the outside temp or length of highway ride. Mines a year old,dont know if they have changed them or not.
Sorry yours is giving you so much trouble. One suggestion I have is, I have to spread the bottom slightly as I place it over top of the bars and over the turn signals and as I take it off. It will give quite a bit without any risk of damage.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I just took mine off for the summer and the MPG has gone up:).
I would get 45 to 48 with it now over 50.
Not that big of a jump but noicable.

·
Now what
400 Posts
I uploaded three pictures I took from when I put mine on a couple of months ago. Search plexifaring

·
239 Posts
I see your problem. The lower brackets are fine and are mounted just like mine.
It looks like your problem might be the upper mounts. Where the stem and ball meet the socket on the windshield,This should be straight out from the shield till it hits the bend on the stem, you have them at a steep angle, This puts some extra stress on the shield. Try loosening the stem lock nut and handle bar mount and spin the stem around so the ball end gos straight in. Hope this helps, kind of hard to explain, let me know if this helps. Steve

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, thanks. Some more tinkering is needed perhaps. I've got it pretty well secured and may take it for a spin as is; although, the left/upper sometimes pops out. I'll try to mimic your suggestion.

Just a matter of time I'm sure. Pain in the ass though. It's a real nice wind screen though. Might have to trim it a bit though. God damn nice though, did I say that already?

Thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts