Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
Thought all the original issues were done with. However, I have an issue finding neutral after riding awhile. I initially thought it a clutch adj. But I'm not so sure there isn't a couple things going on?
I searched the threads and can't really find what I'm looking for.
Here's what's going on:
I've adjusted the clutch, both lower and upper. Finding neutral when cold or while warming up is smooth. The way it should be. However, after riding awhile it's quite difficult. Raising the RPM sometimes helps?
Also, while running throught the gears on the road when I downshift sometimes the shift pedal hesitates to return??
Any ideas?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Take a look at the shift lever and report back if there's any excessive (more than an 1/8" or so) in and out movement where the shaft goes into the engine case.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very little. However while looking there I found that the gap in the clutch pivot point was just a bit forward of the marker.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Very little. However while looking there I found that the gap in the clutch pivot point was just a bit forward of the marker.
Is the pinch bolt that holds the shift lever onto the shaft tightened sufficiently?
That bolt has to come all the way out before the shift lever can be pulled off, or fall off.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, that's tight. I'm gonna losen it and re-position the device to match the marker per the manual. Maybe that will help the clutch free play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts