Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Played hooky on Friday to clear the mind and to prove that North Texas is not all flat:

The machine that made it happen (my '97):

I rode from Burleson (home) through Joshua, Godley and Acton to Granbury via TX 174, FM 917, FM 2331 and FM 4. Took FM 4 from Granbury through Palo Pinto to Graford. Graford through Mineral Wells to Weatherford via TX 337 and US 180. Weatherford through Cresson and Crowley; back to Burleson on TX 171, US 377 and FM 1187. Total mileage about 197.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is some beutifull sceenery, looks like you can see all the way to Oklahoma. Wish more people would post ride reports with pics like this to remind us all why we have bikes in the first place. Thanks for the post.

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Wow, beautiful country..... You guys are all real lucky down South, the weather really sucks up here right now, highs in the 50's all week and real windy....

·
Registered
441 Posts
i lived in Dallas for 15 years and only had a bike for about 2 of those. it does help being away from the metroplex..dallas riding sucked!!once you get west of the airport it starts to get better. i remember purposely taking 380 to preston and then south home to get off of 35..oh well..stay hard

·
Bat
161 Posts
Mineral Wells, TX, the home of Bat World Sanctuary...The woman, Amanda Lollar, runs a sanctuary for bats there...takes care of the old, rehabilitates those she can and releases them, but keeps the infirm ones...sorta an old folks home and infirmary for bats. Since the little critters live for 20 years or more, and only have one baby a year, it's important to take care of them, as they are tremendously valuable to the agricultural business.

The Place is right on the main drag, used to be a store, 3000 sq. ft. of bat flight cages, and fascinating. Stop in and take the tour if you're there.
Amanda is a wonderful and dedicted woman who is world famous for her work.'
A little donation wouldn't hurt, either...they're tiny, but they have to eat,too.

You also might change your mind about bats if you think you don't like them... very bright, cute little critters, and our only flying mammals...definitely not rodents! Very worth a visit.
If you like a destination when you ride, this is a good one...might be a good idea to call ahead if you want a tour. Something different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts