Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody tell who did what here? I don't know anything about it and I'm not knowledgeable to even guess.
Wire in question is at the tip of my finger, not on the 8 pin connector

Orange-greenstripe is original wire, and yellow-orange stripe is spliced in but not connected.
Maybe they tried to connect it to the frayed wire on the 8-pin?

Also, check the r/r spot I got

Also, check the Rebel bobber build

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
yellow orange is supposed to come from the ignition switch and feed "Key On" power to the Ignition Control Box. Orange Green wire is supposed to go to the accessory side of the ignition switch.

I wouldn't mount the R/R that far back... Too much voltage drop for the length, too many chances of pinching a wire while riding, and moving parts could chew through your wires. Bring your R/R closer to the battery.

Nice little Bobber you got goin on

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
just stabbing in the dark here, but maybe something with turn signals?

does your bike have the autocancelling system? maybe they tried to bypass it if it had it?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I would just patch up that bare wire and call it good for that... Like I told you in the PM, you need to do the blue wire bypass, or you need to get a new Junction Box.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
It won't come on until I stall the motorcycle and then it decides to shine.
That is how the headlights are designed to work... the headlight relay gets its trigger source voltage from the Stator so the headlight won't activate until the bike is running.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I would run the bike and the headlight would be off, and if I stalled the bike, it would turn the headlight on.

Strange.

Just sent the stator out to Tim, and I blue wire bypassed the headlight

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts