Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I've got this nipple that pokes out of the back of my gas tank, just under the front of the seat. I could swear that it's had a tube on it at some point. What's that for?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Left side nipple is a vent, hook a hose to it and run through the hole in the frame and let hang by the battery box. :beerchug:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left side nipple is a vent, hook a hose to it and run through the hole in the frame and let hang by the battery box. :beerchug:
Ah, thats gotta be what that long mystery tube with a clamp on one end goes to. I had assumed it went to the battery and it needs one there too, as there's a fine dusting of powdered acid in there. It seems like the shop that worked on it did a crap job of re-installing everything it moved when it pulled the carb and everything around there got screwed over.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
My advice it to dump the old lead acid wet cell and invest in a maintenance free battery. No more spilled acid, no taking the seat off once a week to check the battery fluid, better starting power, and you don't have to worry about it going dry in the hot summer weather and taking the stator and/or R/R with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My advice it to dump the old lead acid wet cell and invest in a maintenance free battery. No more spilled acid, no taking the seat off once a week to check the battery fluid, better starting power, and you don't have to worry about it going dry in the hot summer weather and taking the stator and/or R/R with it.
That'll be my first upgrade. Right now, I'm just sitting on my thumbs waiting to get a carburetor. One I get it running, I can worry about the battery.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Ah, thats gotta be what that long mystery tube with a clamp on one end goes to. I had assumed it went to the battery and it needs one there too, as there's a fine dusting of powdered acid in there. It seems like the shop that worked on it did a crap job of re-installing everything it moved when it pulled the carb and everything around there got screwed over.
If it is a clear hose that is for the battery vent. The tank vent is a black vacum hose, if it is not there you will need to get one. In the pic below you will see the hoses comming up through the frame. The hose closest is for CALI. emmission, the furthest is the tank vent. :beerchug:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
That'll be my first upgrade. Right now, I'm just sitting on my thumbs waiting to get a carburetor. One I get it running, I can worry about the battery.
BATTERY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Deka-ETX15L-Powersports-AGM--Battery---100%25-NEW_W0QQitemZ270282472155QQcmdZViewItem

OR

http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Crank-ETX15L-Battery.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_term=Big-Crank-ETX15L-Battery&utm_campaign=Base

Same Manufacturer East Penn

You will recieve the Deka battery three days after it has been shipped, the Big Crank takes 3-5 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts