Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mentioned this in a couple of other posts about separate things, but this post is dedicated to my mystery hose. I popped the rear tank mounting bolt and lifted her up a bit to get a better view of the underside of the tank. What I found was that the hose is actually connected to a nipple at the base of the feul level sensor. See the pic below:

If you look at part 14090, that is the nipple it's connected to. The hose is the perfect size and just long enough to connect to the vacuum sync T fitting coming off the middle of the carbs. I'd really appreciate some input here folks. BTW - I have a CA bike. Thanks!

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
From here it appears to be the perfect place to get air to the carbs that will have a constant pressure. It appears to have a notch for air flow. I would hook it up see how it runs.
However, I could not find that system in my manuel.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated with pic of the tank

OK, I broke down and pulled the tank up high enough to snap a pic. It's a little out of focus but clear enough to get the gist. What kills me is this is not labeled in any parts diagrams or hose routing diagrams I've looked at.

The hose goes down and far left. The line going straight down is the fuel gauge lead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have also removed my tank and found the same hose connected to the tank. I beleive it's the breather hose off of the carbs. My manual states that this hose should be routed into the right air filter. I decided to keep it attached to the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts