Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m finally coming out of a winter hibernation from riding the bike. Finally some nice weather. Any thoughts on a mysterious rattle near the front of the bike. It starts at about 25 mph (after I’ll shift from 1st to 2nd) and the sound does not change with the speed of the bike. It sounds like tin or sheet metal rattling near the front portion of the bike. At first I thought it was the keys in the ignition but then I took all of the extras off except the key to start the bike and the sound did not go away. I don’t see anything that’s painfully obvious but it bugs me and I don’t know if it’s serious.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
check to see if your heat shields around your exhaust pipes have loosened up?

·
239 Posts
I had that same noise,turned out to be loose front fender mounting bolts.
Im betting thats it. Let us know.:rockon:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had similar problem at any speed as long as the RPMS were 3000-3500 mine was heat shield vibration.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Also check your cables to see if they are close to the tank or frame. That rattle could be the wind whipping a cable against something (usually around the neck area) and since it happens at higher speeds.. more wind

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I had a buzzing/rattle that would come and go. Had a hunch it was inside the headlamp. Sure enough, one of the mounting nuts had come off inside.

·
239 Posts
I can see it now. This thread is going to generate a ton of people to think the vn750 will fall apart underneath you.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
You mean it won't??? :)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I can see it now. This thread is going to generate a ton of people to think the vn750 will fall apart underneath you.
Well then, maybe we should tell them that will only happen if your name is Cegodsey, and you have an '07 VN750.
Sooner or later it's inevidable that your story ... er ... I mean ... Vulcan, will fall apart.
Anything older than an '07, and ya should be alright :smiley_th

·
Registered
60 Posts
You should also check your helmet visor if you have one. If it is loose the sound seems like it's from the front end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts