Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this week my wife just did her first work on her new (to her) vulcan 500. her bike was in very bad need of a new front tire. so the wife pulled and replaced the front tire all by herself! well, ok, I did help her a little. I didn't do much, just broke the nuts loose and told her what to do next. she did the rest of the work all by herself. she rocks! :rockon: pretty soon we will be telling me how to fix my vn750! lol

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Way to go girl! Nothing like the pride in doing it yourself.

·
Registered
950 Posts
That is pretty cool.

·
Registered
411 Posts
this week my wife just did her first work on her new (to her) vulcan 500. her bike was in very bad need of a new front tire. so the wife pulled and replaced the front tire all by herself! well, ok, I did help her a little. I didn't do much, just broke the nuts loose and told her what to do next. she did the rest of the work all by herself. she rocks! :rockon: pretty soon we will be telling me how to fix my vn750! lol
And *why* are we not hearing this from *her*?? She needs to get an account set up... :smiley_th

--FA

·
Registered
950 Posts
cuz its a 500 and we dont take their kind here...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Good going Ms. Ruger! I`ve got 4 daughters, all grown up now. When they passed their driving test and got a drivers licence, they only got to take the car solo after they showed me they could change a flat tire by themself. You have moved the bar up a notch or two by mounting a new mc tire by yourself. I hope you enjoy your new ride.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
So nice to see a real man honoring his wife for her accomplishments.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And *why* are we not hearing this from *her*?? She needs to get an account set up... :smiley_th

--FA
well it is a Vulcan, but it's a Vulcan 500. also she does not use the internet like I do.

but the next thing is for her to change the oil.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
She should get an account. 500, 750, it's just 250 cc's. A lot of what we talk about here would apply to her and give her encouragement to do even more for herself. I say sign her up!

·
Registered
411 Posts
She should get an account. 500, 750, it's just 250 cc's. A lot of what we talk about here would apply to her and give her encouragement to do even more for herself. I say sign her up!
X2!! :smiley_th

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Nice job! It's important that anyone who rides become as familiar with the workings of the bike they are riding. Since my injury, my wife has been a real sport about helping me tear down a project ninja that I parted out. She even turned a wrench or two, and is hte main reason y'all who bought parts from me got them last month, cause I couldn't box up s**t.

To echo what others have said, probably 85+ percent of what is discussed here can be transferred to other bikes. Plus, she's technically a member already by proxy, since you're a member. Oh yeah, and WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
And besides, the 500 is such a cute little thumper. I say sign her up.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Nice job! It's important that anyone who rides become as familiar with the workings of the bike they are riding. Since my injury, my wife has been a real sport about helping me tear down a project ninja that I parted out. She even turned a wrench or two, and is hte main reason y'all who bought parts from me got them last month, cause I couldn't box up s**t.

To echo what others have said, probably 85+ percent of what is discussed here can be transferred to other bikes. Plus, she's technically a member already by proxy, since you're a member. Oh yeah, and WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES!!!
X2 to AJ`s statement. I bet you`re just afraid she will like being online, and want to drive your computer all the time!! <BG>:smiley_th

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i was looking at a vulcan 500 at the dealership the other day and it was parked next to an ex500 looks almost identical... i bet they are interchangable... n e who i had a lot (to many) miles on my old ex so if theres any tech questions i'll be more then happy to add my 2 cents...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, yesterday she changed the oil in her vulcan 500 all by herself.
she also did her fist mod. (thanks to me) we had to get her a knew clutch lever. so we ran down to Shadetree Powersports and pick up a set of Kuryakyn "wide style levers". I put the replaced the clutch lever and she replaced the front brake lever. they look really nice and shiny. she was very happy.
today she gave the bike a good bath and detail.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well, she did it again! SHE pulled the rear tire last Sunday. on Monday we went down to Shadetree Powersports and got her a new tire (Metzeler. went a little wider and shorter like on our vn750). yesterday SHE put it back on the bike. you go girl!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Sounds like she's well on the way to becoming quite able in bike repair & maintenance!!
Way To Go Ruger's Wife!!! :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts