Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am throwing in the towel for my vulcan. I have had too many problems since day one.

The bike is located in Warwick, RI.

You can read my thread here with the problems.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39266

36xxx miles on it

Not really sure whats wrong but I no longer have a garage to work on it. Nor do I really know what it is worth. I paid 1450 for it a few months ago. If anyone is interested you can call me at (401) 287-4137

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I still think your problem is vacume related but being in GA I can't take a look. I will be in CT sometime in the next few weeks for work.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Fool....lemme know when yer in Conn.....Im only about an hour from Danbury....lets hook up....

And TooTall.....I guess that means you aint gonna "run with the pack" eh ?....shame....you aint that far.....

Mebbe Im getting old and blind, but what year is it, and how many miles ?? I may make an offer so's I could flip it....all clean papers, right ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fool....lemme know when yer in Conn.....Im only about an hour from Danbury....lets hook up....

And TooTall.....I guess that means you aint gonna "run with the pack" eh ?....shame....you aint that far.....

Mebbe Im getting old and blind, but what year is it, and how many miles ?? I may make an offer so's I could flip it....all clean papers, right ?
I really dont wanna sell it, but without a garage its a real pain to work on it. The people in my apartment complex want to kill me when I work on it.

Its a 1986 with around 36K on it. I am also considering having someone fix it work for. And yes it has clean papers.

Its a real shame if I do sell it, its the only bike I can fit on.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hmmm....mebbe Fool can do ya a quick fix....if not, bring it here if ya can....I work for beer and burgers and such.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm....mebbe Fool can do ya a quick fix....if not, bring it here if ya can....I work for beer and burgers and such.....
I just tried to take the carbs off, my partners hand got busted. And they wont come out. Im done.

If someone wants this, please take this off my hands.

I got it out myself. I have decided im going to ear shave and keep going.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Tootall from another member who has been where you are now. Evaluate thee situation I have 7000 in the bike and couldn't sail it if I wanted to. But if you have the willingness to push on then you have the pride of knowing you built it and its yours. Hope these words help just dont go in the hole then give up.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Tootall from another member who has been where you are now. Evaluate thee situation I have 7000 in the bike and couldn't sail it if I wanted to. But if you have the willingness to push on then you have the pride of knowing you built it and its yours. Hope these words help just dont go in the hole then give up.
ummm edge who built it :confused: lol

if'n my memory is correct i have saved your bike three times now granted a certain alfa canine did assist on the last one :beerchug:

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
ummm edge who built it :confused: Lol

if'n my memory is correct i have saved your bike three times now granted a certain alfa canine did assist on the last one :beerchug:

busted

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
he is good people though :smiley_th
hows your bike coming along jadabull?
I'm on a standstill brother, done about all I can do unrolled I can afford the new parts in a few weeks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So far I have offers for around 600.

A few offers to trade my bike for a RC car.

The best one was the guy from Craigslist that wanted to trade a sword for my bike =X

Great just got offered a not working boat...

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Yea newrider you helped with the bike avfew times not taking away from that just giving him something to think about.

Always grateful too .

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...TT....I thought you decided to keep it after ya got the carbs off ?....

...and hay...if yer neighbors bitch at ya, rent a storage unit fer 2 months and work on it there...they dont cost much...

You got all the help and tech answers ya need here.... ;)

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
How much are you in to it? It's a bad time of year to be selling (I know, just bought one and sold one), especially in parts of the country that have real seasons. If you're not hard up for the cash, I'd sit on it till spring.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Yea newrider you helped with the bike avfew times not taking away from that just giving him something to think about.

Always grateful too .
just effing with ya brother :beerchug:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont think I am going to sell it to be honest. More so testing the waters. I do love the bike.

Im still a bit torn, I am going to try the ear shave and check the wiring once the temps go back above 0. If it still isnt working then I will let her go.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Don't Sell

TooTall, if you like the bike, hang in there. It might be that you will have to have someone else look at it. A few years ago I had a Honda 500c that I couldn't get straightened out. I finally took it to a local shop and in a day he had it running like a champ. It's a long story but just getting another person to look at it he didn't have any preconceived ideas. It did cost me a little but after that I really enjoyed the bike, which I finally sold to buy my vn750. I really like the Kawasaki now and hope you can get yours running by spring.

Ride Safe
Mcneuby :smiley_th

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
TOOTall....This is a great option for your circumstance. :smiley_th

Probly less than a 3.0 hour drive. Wolfie will do ya right. :smiley_th

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wolfie, I am gonna do the attempt the ear shave and then probably take a little drive down to your place and if theres anything else wrong hopefully you can help. You guys rock!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts