Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after 2 weeks of wait the bike is finaly in my garage!:pepper:

i decided not to ride it until i recieve my helmet from mail order, but it is almost imposible to resist! i cant count how many times i was down there today staring at the bike! :drool: :drool:

i feel like if i get on it right now i'm going to do something stupid (like ride without plates ) and hurt myself.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Borrow a helmet and get out there! As far as plates, what are IL Laws?In Ia you if bought from a dealer they give you a paper plate good for 30 days, if from private owner you can use the plate on the bike or just have the signed title in your possession until you can get to the county office to get your own.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Enjoy the ride (once you're all legal !!)

Just take your time getting used to the bike and how it reacts to your style of riding.
Once you & the bike get your "rhythm's" in sync, it'll be smooth cruisin' !!

Have fun & be safe !!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what a day yesterday was.
i asked friend to ride it home for me. the bike was in a shop is in Wisconsin (i live in norther Chicago suburbs) and that little bit more of a ride than i wanted to do right away. for some reason previous owner decided to take the seat off the bike before it went to shop. the rear plastic piece was with him yesterday morning while for some unknown reason the rest of the seat was with one of his salespeople at home :BLAM: and that person decided he doesnt want to come in to work on saturday...

so we grabbed the plastic piece, arranged meeting with the seat hoager to get that seat of him and went to the shop. just the leg from the shop to home was 40 miles. after that i aslo needed to se the owner again for payement , to return plates and get the title...

i probably could wait until moday-tuesday (mechanic was supposed to haul it back to owner)or, what? wait a minute... No i couldn't!!!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i couldn't take it anymore! insured the bike online with progressive and to the street i went (with signed title in the pocket insted of plates).

i think it is needless to tell how i felt, you all know the feeling very well :rockon:

did couple circles around my subdivision. stalled the bike, misshifted, dropped the clutch, forgot the fuel valve and stalled it again, almost dropped the bike as i was parking it at my parents. practised emergency stops at nice empty parking lot(this thing stops on a dime!) and i think got the hang of thins now - last 15 miles of todays total ~20 were pretty smooth without anything really bad. i feel pretty comfortable out on the street and while the bike doesnt feel like "to much of a bike" (this is my first ride after BRC) with a turn of a wrist the thing just Launches!
Why, why did it had to rain today?! but maybe it for the better i think nothing else could bring me home! a lot of practice ahead of me!

and here it comes - the question!
Do you guys fuel your bike on center stand?

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
First thing I did to my new bike last week was to put leads off the
battery terminals to each side with covered tips, this way I don't have
to remove the seat when using a very small trickle charge of 500 mil A.
A sealed battery is on the way and then I will be able to use a one Amp
battery tender. Have chrome horn covers coming and would like to put
a larger gas tank on the Rocket.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I don't fill the bike on the center stand, tried a couple of times and you don't get any more fuel in than on the side stand. Give me a shout I live in Mundelein we can go out for a ride someday.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ccspinner, thanks for the reply. i'm still trying to figure out actual amount of fuel in relation to the fuel meter.

Nice pics sorry, this was a dumb question. should have paid more attention to your signature :doh:

ride sounds nice, once i get some more riding and up my skill we could definetly meet somewhere for a ride.

·
hummer5955
12 Posts
Chrome Horn Covers

Hello:
I'm still looking for chrome horn covers and can't seem to locate any. Do you remember where you found yours?
Thanks for the help.
Hummer5955

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:confused. i had stock horns... i had chrome cover on coolant tank thiugh...

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Norsseman mentioned the chrome horn covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts