Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it's true. I had the opportunity to get a different bike, one I've had my eye on for a while, so the Vulcan is gone.

I now have a few items that didn't go with it that I'll list for sale (cheaply too) here soon:

K&N air filters
F&S saddlebag mount kit with turn signal relocation
Clymer 700/750 manual
Clear Alternatives LED taillight
PIAA H4 Intense White headlamp
Oil filter cap wrench
Stock plug wires and caps
Stock rider footpegs

·
Registered
116 Posts
how much for the led taillight and the rider footpegs

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The taillight is the LED board that plugs into a lamp socket. Clear Alternatives LED-46-L. I'd sell it to someone here for $30 shipped.

The rider footpegs? $25 shipped.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yep, it's true. I had the opportunity to get a different bike, one I've had my eye on for a while, so the Vulcan is gone.

I now have a few items that didn't go with it that I'll list for sale (cheaply too) here soon:

K&N air filters
F&S saddlebag mount kit with turn signal relocation
Clymer 700/750 manual
Clear Alternatives LED taillight
PIAA H4 Intense White headlamp
Oil filter cap wrench
Stock plug wires and caps
Stock rider footpegs
OK ,enough already,what did you Buy?:eek:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am also interested in the saddlebag and turnsignal relocation kit. Let me know if RadioRider doesn't buy it.

Thank you

Mcneuby

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
whats the price on the headlight shipped? thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are you asking for the saddlebag guards and relocation kit?

James
RR
This is the Fire & Steel kit that can be ordered from ronayers.com (K53021-094). I have to verify that all of the hardware is with it. I'll sell it for $75 + actual shipping costs.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Don't mean to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone, but I've noticed here recently that with a lot us here that crack jokes on Harleys and Harley riders, there seem to be a number of members suddenly trading up from their VN750 and moving over to Harley. Many of which getting a Road King in particular. Maybe it's just me lol.

Why this sudden interest in owning a "hog"? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Don't mean to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone, but I've noticed here recently that with a lot us here that crack jokes on Harleys and Harley riders, there seem to be a number of members suddenly trading up from their VN750 and moving over to Harley. Many of which getting a Road King in particular. Maybe it's just me lol.

Why this sudden interest in owning a "hog"? Just curious.
Personally,I like em all and have noticed that a few really good members that used to post a lot on here,don't post nearly as much and I don't much blame them with all the ragging on them that some members do.

I went with a bigger more comfortable ride,but I bought a 1500 Vulcan Classic FI because I could afford that particular bike.My first Street bike was a Harley and I just liked the big comfy feeling when traveling.

I was forced to sell it for financial reasons and it is still running and it is a '72 model.One thing is the ease of maintenance on the older carbed H-D's that makes them attractive.

I think another reason people are buying "Hogs" is with the economy the way it is ,there are a lot of bikes for sale cheap.

Bottom line is the vn750 is a great bike but a little small for me personally for long periods in the saddle and when I pack all the stuff needed to camp plus clothes there is little room left for me and the bike is actually overloaded.

I wish I could have kept the 750 but I wasn't in a position financially to afford a third bike that would have been sitting most of the time. I have an old Honda project Cb750 that is needing some attention this winter(I told you I like them all).

Bigger is not always better but all around I am happier with a big touring sized cruiser.Would I buy a Harley ?In a minute..... if the price was right, after all they have two wheels and an engine!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've had my eye on a V92c deluxe for a couple of weeks now. Price is really right, and the wife hasn't objected about it.

But she has said only 1 bike.

Only stopping me is getting the vulcan right so I could sell it. Honestly would like to keep it for my work ride, but financially it's cheaper to have 1 bike and 1 wife than 2 bikes and 1 ex-wife.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Fire and Steel saddlebag supports and rearturn signal relocation Kit

Did RadioRider pass on this. If so I'll take it. Just let me know where to send the money. My Zip code is 61571 so you can figure the shipping. I don't want to step on anyones toes but if it is avialble let me know.

Thank You Mcneuby

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I love the looks of the Harleys too. After all, they, along with the old Indian V twins, are the inspiration for the retro look that the Japanese big 4 have capitalized on for the past 25 or 30 years with Kawi Vulcans, Drifters and Nomads, Yamaha V-Stars, Suzuki Intruders and Honda VTX and so on, and so on.

My only ride on a Harley was as a pillon passenger when I was a kid about 45 years ago. Prior to buying my Vulcan I spent a few Saturdays in the H-D dealership looking and sitting on many of their 105th anniversary models in 2008. I love the way it felt, but I have not experienced the engine vibrations on a long ride that so many many new Harley riders speak of, for better or worse.

Would I like a Harley? You bet I would. It is not likely that I will ever be able to afford one, or maybe any bigger bike. But that won`t stop me from admiring them, or razzing the Harley guys about the sterotype of their bikes shaking themselves apart.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re- Fire and Steel Saddlebag & Turnsignal Relocation Kit

It might make it easier if you had my E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Thank You

Mcneuby

1 - 20 of 27 Posts