Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
wildman
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well picked ol bessy up from the shop my shifter rod fix worked great!!!! its a lot of work but it worked perfectly,hell of a lot better than splitting the case!!!!!!got her plugs changed this morning and cleaned her up and waxxed her and shes ready to ride!!!!!heres a couple of pics of finished job.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
On the road again!!! :smiley_th

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok..... I'll be the first one to say it.

I don't understand what you did hambone.
But I haven't had much coffee this morning yet.....

·
wildman
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shifter shaft

it really worked out very nice.i got my measurements from one of the circlip grooves before i cut shaft.then measureed new shaft from that groove to place i cut shaft,cut off that end and beveled it almost to a point and beveled shaft in motor almost to a point.lined shafts up straight and welded them ,then i cleaned and dressed the shaft back up.my weld was between a 1/4 and 1/2" to the outside of where seal runshad it just a smidgen off but it went through case and seal great. someone had welded shifter on before and fried the seal and it was pouring oil!!!!! i mean it was still rough fix motor pretty much had to come all the way out to get side cover off,still better than splitting case!!!suggestion if u ever have that side cover off and u can afford it go ahead and put new stator in.....i didnt think about till it was all back together!!!!!

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
I like it when a plan comes together!!! And works!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts