Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
McGyver
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I posted some pics of my R/R relocation bracket if anyone wants to see.
They are on my profile page.
I used 3/16 aluminum diamond plate.
It has 2 mounting points.
I have probably 4 hours in this project and I think it turned out pretty nice.
I didnt like the idea of only a square plate with one mounting hole so I came up with this.
The milling machine in my garage helped a little but it is mostly hand made and bent.
I first made a cardboard template and went from there.
thanx 4 looking.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks nice and sturdy!!
Great job :smiley_th

·
Registered
115 Posts
X2 what Hyper & 750 said. Great job Hammer. Have to keep this in mind if I have to ever redo mine:smiley_th

·
McGyver
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, very nice job. It looks like it was there all along! You might make a few bucks, if you could find someone to stamp out your design.
Thanks for replies all

I wanted something that looked stock,unlike the other 3 hole brackets I seen,
I work in a machine shop and I also have my own milling machine in my home garage. I was just gonna make a 3 hole plate like everyone else has but that was way too easy and they dont look very nice so I came up with this.
I may get a sheet of aluminum and make up a stack of relocation plates in the future.
They wont be as nice as this one but they will be cheaper than the rest I seen. This one has alot of tricky bends that were done in a padded vise with a piece of wood and a Hammer.
I could write a program for the CNC to cut out the profile that mine has no problem but the problem would be making a die for the press to bend them
properly.To much R&D time.
I currently work at VRC mfg. which is a large state of the art machine shop.
Our sister Company is Lovell engineering (same building) We are currently making custom swingarm extensions and triple trees for the most popular cafe bikes, Look us up if you or your buddies have a cafe bike and need some nice looking triple trees or swingarm extensions.
www.lovellperformance.com
Thanks all for the positive replies
These forums are the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts