Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 Years with My 750, I moved up to the 1700 Classic LT.. Well I kept it in the Family.... Did not trade in my 750 The wife wants to learn to ride... So gonna send her to class and I will still have my First baby in the family too.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice looking bike. The trans is a little clunky and you get some gear noise but I don't think it's too bad. I think my nomads gotten quieter. I read some where that kaw made some changes to the 2011 trans

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
After 6 Years with My 750, I moved up to the 1700 Classic LT.. Well I kept it in the Family.... Did not trade in my 750 The wife wants to learn to ride... So gonna send her to class and I will still have my First baby in the family too.
Nice looking ride. Hope you enjoy your new " baby"

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Nice looking new scoot there Kawtime.
Sweet deal on the wife learning to ride too. Should make for some interesting options for new holiday adventures.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
"She's a beaut, Clark." Is it shaft or belt drive?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Banned
448 Posts
The dealer here told me all the bikes except for the sport bikes are belt drive instead of shaft.
I like the shaft drive, but they eat a LOT of horsepower to run them as opposed to a belt. Belts are pretty good, and don't require much maintenance.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Nice. Can you really call an 800 pound bike a "baby"?

KM
Well, I think so. Mine weighs at least as much, but the way these bikes are designed they're quite nimble. I really don't feel like I'm riding a heavy bike - even at slow speeds. Although, when I jump on my wife's 950 it feels like a minibike.

Double nice!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Belts are pretty good, and don't require much maintenance.
That's what I'm talking about. I think they're smoother, too. Although I only have my wife's V Star 950 to compare it to, it's a very smooth running bike. I've ridden Harley full dressers, but it's been a few years, so I'd have to hop on one again to compare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts