Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
hey wolfie stop talkin bout dieing you aint goin no where before i come see you or you come see me so just stop it before i kick you in the balls you old honry flea farm

i dont give two sheits what you think you got many more miles left in ya and you still gotta get that vaquero too so shut up and ride fooker :motorcycl

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
Merc stopped my this mornin....with his lady....asked if i wanted to go ride....I hobbled out with a cane....back was real bad....tooks some meds, and by 3pm was walkin at least....what do i do, I went and worked on Bessie, instead of takin it easy....had to redo the bag mounts i had, not much, but i had to put some bends in to clear the shocks better....
Was almost done.needed some strappin. but I missed the hardware store by 4 mins....wasnt about to run 18 miles to the home depot....always tomorrow....bag tops are done besides the striping....need to do up the bottoms now....Im gonna need more paint, lol....between the bags and the Harley tank, I underestimated....just a lil.....3 more clearcoat, and 2 Midnight Black Metallic....pinstripe tape I got, lol....

But I gotta finish soon....I got 5 sets of FWDs to make, and a set of floorboards to mod....hopefully, a chopper tank I can paint and flip to buy materials....

All winter nuthin....now I get busy.....lol....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
My priority is Bessie...she's the only wheels I own....dont even own a car....so, she comes first, so I can ride to get stuff to do the rest, lol.....

Im gettin Moms Camry, but not fer a bit.....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Bag mounts and bags done....still need a lil tweaking, but shes finally ridable again.....

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Bag mounts and bags done....still need a lil tweaking, but shes finally ridable again.....

Looking Great.... Clean looking....nice bags
I like the improvements since see'in' it last year...or was it two years ago ? :doh:

:smiley_th

ps; Did you ever rid of those (butt ugly for VN750) hard-bags you where needin' to sell ?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Thanks brother....and was last summer....when my neighbors wires went down, lol....

And ya....Mikey took the bags back up with him....but ya know, they were "classic" bags.....Bates, mebbe Bucos....you cant find em anymore (like $200 if ya can min, up to $400 Ive seen)....they were in great shape too....they just didnt look right on Bessie....but they were same cu in inside I bet as these FL bags.....wider, not as long....I shouldda kept them bags, lol....

·
Proud owner of 2 VN750s!
59 Posts
Those bags look great Wolfie! Bessie's really looking good with them and your fwds. The new floorboards will be icing on the cake... :rockon:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Looking good man. How loud is ole Bessie with those pipes?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
She aint TOO loud....the pipes are long, and I installed 8" glass wrapped baffles in em (from V-Twin mfg)....Id compare em to stock muffs as they are now....or debaffled Sportys....

My Roadglide muffs were super quiet...Im keepin them for long trips....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Thanks brother....lotta time and effort....mostly built from homemade or modded used parts....part Kawi, part Harley, and part Yammy....and a sprinkling of BSA....

This is what she looked like a few days after I got her....bird nests and mouse nests removed....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks brother....lotta time and effort....mostly built from homemade or modded used parts....part Kawi, part Harley, and part Yammy....and a sprinkling of BSA....

This is what she looked like a few days after I got her....bird nests and mouse nests removed....

Love that they left the big hoses on the carbs. Think you told me that there was like a fine mesh covering on them. And man oh man does Bessie look worlds different now

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Yup...was just plastic window screen mesh over the intakes....and he rode it on a dirt track in Pine Island, lol....black dirt....my buddy Jack (who picked it up with me in his pickup), still cant believe the transformation....he dont believe its the same bike.....lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would of never thought it was the same bike either had I not talked to you about it. It's one hell of a transformation lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #178 (Edited)
Cool....so now ya gotta come to Days to toast Bessie....I might even let ya take her fer a ride if she aint on the rag....bring that cute cousin/aunt whatever too....bring her and ya can take Bessie fer a good hour....mebbe....1/2 hr fer sure....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
My 10,000th post.....gotta add me and Bessie both at StrangeDays....feelin decent....up to 153 lbs now from my post op 136...another 10, and the Wolf will be kickin ass again....
Added Sporty muffs to my fishtails...shouldda gone debaffled Sports though...a wee restrictive now....but anyway....

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I bet you get asked all the time "what kind of bike is that?" Best response would be "one of a kind" foresure.:motorcycl

161 - 180 of 207 Posts