Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 205 Posts

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Which in turn says that you do care about what others say.

Anyway, Wolfie, I've seen you mention a few times how Harley mufflers can be fit easily to the VN750. Are those the ones you always mean? How's the sound compared to stock? Can you give an "in a nut shell" description of how to put another set of mufflers on the bike?

Also, are the dust boots on the forks supposed to be there? Now I saw Fenris' (I think) bike and it has the same ones... wondering if I'm just missing them on mine.
No, those gators are aftermarket. The 750's never had a factory dust boot installed on front forks. Which reminds me, something else to put down on the todo list. Always wanted dust boots for the front forks.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Wolfie, I think the bike looks sharp with the red accents. It's not the style I personally want for my own bike, but I can tell you are bringing your vision to life. Like others have said I think it will look even better when you have the last few blue accents converted over to red. Have you considered switching to hard bags? I think that would complete the look and really tie it all together.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Wolfie, I think the bike looks sharp with the red accents. It's not the style I personally want for my own bike, but I can tell you are bringing your vision to life. Like others have said I think it will look even better when you have the last few blue accents converted over to red. Have you considered switching to hard bags? I think that would complete the look and really tie it all together.
Wolfie, pls give me dibs on your SoftBags ! LOL
LOL
LOL

:smiley_th +1

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Yeah its a sweet ride. I don't know if ill go with that vn800 tank though. I've been looking at a meanie tank but they're so freakin long (end of tank would be sitting on top of battery lol), might even just cut&weld oem tank. Goin with.some jet black paint with purple pearl (the purp will be so dark you'll only notice in direct sunlight). As always though, gotta have the dough!
I assume you're the one that was asking about the dimensions for the meanie tank? I have no idea where that thread went. Anyway, it's 4.5 gallon tank and the backbone of the meanie is WAY longer than the 750. When I lean back and ride one handed, my arm is completely straight...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yep, you lose about 20 hp if you don't have boots on there. ;)
Why did you not mention this when I started a thread about a problem with acceleration? This is probably the answer to all that is wrong with my bike!! XD

:beerchug:

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I assume you're the one that was asking about the dimensions for the meanie tank? I have no idea where that thread went. Anyway, it's 4.5 gallon tank and the backbone of the meanie is WAY longer than the 750. When I lean back and ride one handed, my arm is completely straight...
Yeah, as soon as I read your post of the tank being 26" long I went out to the shop and measured the distance. I already had my seat of and the length ended up right on the battery. I'm still considering the meanie tank, I like the fact I can remove the gauge cluster on top of the tree. I've got a while to think about it though, we'll see.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hardbags....yeah...when I find the perfect ones....those Mitazu GS bags are close, but want slightly larger....and no BiL, you cant have my soft bags, lol !!!! Theyre goin with me to the grave, along with all the spare parts Ive stashed over the years...but honestly, if i DO get some hards, I wont have much more use for them I think....I hope you can sew well....lotta the stitching is rotted....I been patchin em with pop rivets....

Those Harley mufflers are Streetglide mufflers, and Ive yet to test them....they may end up being "too much" for the VN....if you want to go Harley muffs, go with the older Sportster ones....thats what I had before...once I test these, they might be for sale....I would still really like to put fishtails on it eventually...

Trying to finish up the electrics, but started raining and the roof was leaking in my bedroom, so had to pause....I wanna get this thing done for Amercade/Laconia....

And "no beer this week"...was a joke....lol...although the cam set me back a little....the cam was $100, and I live on about $125/wk now...

I gotta fab a switch plate up now too for the driving lights....I was surprised....I pumped 12v @4A into em and they were brighter n' heck...sealed beams...matter of fact, i gotta hit the Electric section to ask the experts a few things....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I gotta fab a switch plate up now too for the driving lights....I was surprised....I pumped 12v @4A into em and they were brighter n' heck...sealed beams...matter of fact, i gotta hit the Electric section to ask the experts a few things....
you can always send an email to your EE buddy at the other end of the lake too.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yeah, or I could just call ya, but that wouldnt help any others that may encounter similar, would it ? ... ;)
I mean, I "think" I already know the answer, but you know Im a dope when it comes to elektrizzitee...lol

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yeah, or I could just call ya, but that wouldnt help any others that may encounter similar, would it ? ... ;)
I mean, I "think" I already know the answer, but you know Im a dope when it comes to elektrizzitee...lol
You are right... which is why I posted in your question thread the same thing as if ya emailed me hehe

kenny

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I suggest you switch your running lights and tail lights to LED to make room for them driving lights you mounted. You don't want to stress your charging system and blow a stator with lights and a radio...just sayin!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well, the sigs are single filament, so cant use em for running anyway...Id need new sockets, etc...right ?...the passing lights are 60watt I believe (never checked), and just remembered I had a poratable CD player I can Velcro to the bike somewhere...if I DO go LED though, you KNOW you'll be the first I contact... ;)

Dont matter....key off, all new unhooked, and as soon as I connect the ground on the charger to the lead, dash lights, and the tach goes to 8k....short somewhere...I quit for tonight, gonna drink, and will try to figure it out myself in the AM...fook electrics...especially Kawis...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
....tanks bro....sadly, its all in pieces again due to ONE DUMBASS SHORT, lolol....soakay though....polished and tightened up the gauges while off, and rerouted other stuff...looks kinda neat w/o a headlight...almost like an old dirt flattracker...mebbe I'll just put a number plate on it, forget the lights, and race the snot outta it, lol.....kidding...

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Yeah, as soon as I read your post of the tank being 26" long I went out to the shop and measured the distance. I already had my seat of and the length ended up right on the battery. I'm still considering the meanie tank, I like the fact I can remove the gauge cluster on top of the tree. I've got a while to think about it though, we'll see.
Let us know what you decide, I'm curious to see what you do and how it looks. Good luck, man! :smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
been waiting to see her together,brother.sweet:smiley_thgonna have a hard time concealing the chubby as i leave the library.hope you get the electrical gremlins figured out.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
41 - 60 of 205 Posts