·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
We are going to try to make it down Sunday and pick her up

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
That's great Doc! Post some ride pics with Bessie.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,848 Posts
Bumping for the newbies, and to tell people his daughter Cat honored me with ownership of Bessie. Let's just say I teared up a little today. Thank you Cat.

that's great news!

funny, the Buckeye Bunch got together over the weekend and out of the blue, Wolfie's name came up. then the names of all rest of gang out that way.

I'm glad that you will be taking in old Bessie. ride her well.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
that's great news!

funny, the Buckeye Bunch got together over the weekend and out of the blue, Wolfie's name came up. then the names of all rest of gang out that way.

I'm glad that you will be taking in old Bessie. ride her well.
I'm going down Sunday morning to pick her up. Will probably do a post on getting her up and running again.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
I had a dream the day before yesterday with Wolfie in it. We were sitting around a campfire drinking PBR's and he asked me when we were going for a ride. I wasn't planning on putting Bessie on the road until spring because I know me and I don't wanna ride her in the snow. So I'm outside today working on her (,the headlight wasn't working, the connector came loose on the junction box after doing the blue wire mod) and I thought, maybe I'll take the plate off the Honda and put some gas in Bessie. I heard a thought in my head, "DO IT". So I put the plate on her, grabbed the mason jar urn I have Wolfie's ashes in, and went to put gas in the tank for winter storage. I ended up taking a 50 mile ride on her and she ran flawlessly. I would not have done that if it wasn't for the dream. Now I can't wait for spring.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
I found a luggage rack , and seeing that Wolfie had a trunk all painted to match (Wolfie wouldn't have gone through all the effort to paint the trunk if he wasn't planning on putting it on her) I decided to mount it.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Looking good Doc. Cheers Wolfie!

What's the script on the front fender? Would like to hear those pipes.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
Looking good Doc. Cheers Wolfie!

What's the script on the front fender? Would like to hear those pipes.
Says Classic. The pipes are a little throatier than stock but not too loud. He put baffles in the end. You also hear the roar from the pod filters

Reactions: Spockster

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
I will look. Somewhere I have a startup video from when I first got her home

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
I will look. Somewhere I have a startup video from when I first got her home

Maybe I've heard it and just forgot.

I must be trying to copy that, I've shopped for 65 Impala tail lights and was looking at batwings last month.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
Maybe I've heard it and just forgot.

I must be trying to copy that, I've shopped for 65 Impala tail lights and was looking at batwings last month.
I think the front fender came off a 900 Vulcan

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,848 Posts
you know Doc, I was just thinking about Wolfie the other day at work. then I come home that day and see this thread (BLAST from the past). Hmmm......-as Kanuck69 would say- "just saying"....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,314 Posts
you know Doc, I was just thinking about Wolfie the other day at work. then I come home that day and see this thread (BLAST from the past). Hmmm......-as Kanuck69 would say- "just saying"....
I had a dream last night that I rode to Ohio

201 - 216 of 216 Posts