Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a week old VN 750 owner..... this is a 1996 model with 5400 miles on it i picked up for 2k. Good deal i think.. A bout 5 years ago i traded a 1988 VLX 600 for a boat ( BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE). The only thing wrong is the dent on the right side of the tank. i dont want to spend 1/4 of the purchase price to get a new tank. i tried the hot glue setup to pull it out but the crease is too defined and it wont grip it longenough to pull on it. any suggestions?????

dent.jpg

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Welcome to the group.
There is something about Dry Ice in the Vulcan Verses, I havent had to try it.
You can also call a Dent repair place, they do paintless dent repair.
They are really good, if they can get there wands in to the tank in that area they can fix it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i see what they say bikebandit.com wants 539 for a blue and silver tank. and i (my wife) am not ready to spend that even tho i got a hell of a deal on the bike..

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
With it having the crease that it appears to have from the pic, it might be tricky getting the dent out with any process,
and not do something to the paint. But then again, some of those dent guys are pretty good.

Ebay's is a good alternative. Just be sure to get a pic or some kind of assurance that the tank's not rusted inside.
Being blue and silver would make it a little more difficult to do your own rattle can paintjob than if ya had black in the color scheme. That way you could just paint it all black and it'd still somewhat match. But there is a good chance to find a matching one.

Looks like the future Vulcaneer in the pic likes the bike :smiley_th

Enjoy the ride :motorcycl and Welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts