Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally started messing with Windows Movie Maker. Put together a little movie of my PA Rt.666 ride, with a minor apperance from "The Adventure Cycle" (well you can see some of it's reflection in the Plexi III)

You can check it out HERE.

Again, I'm only using my cellphone for this stuff so far, so I have some advice for your better viewing pleasure...
  • Sit as far back from the monitor as you can, while still being able to see it.
  • Cover one eye (your least dominant one is preferred)
  • Squint slightly, while looking through a piece of cardboard with a hole in it (about the size of a pencil tip)
  • Enjoy the show
LOL

I should also add that, if ya cover both eyes, the movie looks even better!!!

·
Geek
872 Posts
Wouldn't run for me

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I got it to work by reclicking the link on the right after YouTube loaded.
PA666 looks pretty rough or is that just the result of the cell phone video???
Good first attempt!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
worked for me. (which i can hardly believe, because my computer is a piece of junk and nothing ever works on it!) but now i can "see" why it's called RT666, it looks like hell! lol.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I'll have to try it on another 'puter and see if it'll work.

The extreme bouncing is a combo of the pothole infested road as well as how I had the phone mounted. A couple of times in the original vid, you can see my hand as I push the phone back down into the case because it almost got shaken out of it!!

In a video I got during a 'Toys For Tots' ride yesterday, a couple of times it looks like I'm doing a wheelie when the flip part of the phone starts to close during the recording. :confused:
I'm probably gonna get something soon that'll have better resolution (I think the cellphone is less than 1.2 megapixel), as well as a better mount.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Hyper, I took my regular camcorder with me on a buddys off road trip. When it was done I then recorded to the "puter" with software I have & it turns out real nice. Here's my thought. If you taped a camcorder to your head (helmet), you would get one heck of the "RIDE" feel!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had thought about using my regular camcorder. (A buddy has some software for doing what you did, Kanuck). But, the camcorder I have is a slightly older model, and not so small.
I'm hoping to get a digital camcorder soon. We'll see.

Oh, and I'm on my sisters laptop now, and was able to get the vid to work, so try again if ya couldn't get it workin'. Maybe it was a snafu with YouTube?

·
239 Posts
YES,speed racer song,One of my all time favorite toons. Loaded up fine.
Typical pennsylvania road unfortunatly.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES,speed racer song,One of my all time favorite toons. Loaded up fine.
Typical pennsylvania road unfortunatly.

Yeah, Speed Racer Rocks!!
Haven't seen one of those cartoons in quite awhile. One buddy says that should be my theme song. He seems to think I drive fast. I think he just drives slow. LOL

And I think that road is the main crop for the potholes they grow in the forest, to then distribute to the rest of PA !!!
Nearly all the 'good' lines to enjoy the twisties are nothing but patched patches of patched potholes!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts