Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have not had a bike in years. So this summer I decided to get another one. I started with a suzuki but really wanted a kawasaki. So I bought a 2000 vulcan 750. I really love this bike, a little tall for me as I am short but the power is awesome, good acceleration, an all around great ride.
I do have a noise in the engine, I wondered if anyone one here knows a good 750 mechanic in the Albemarle area. WE have a kawasaki dealer but I prefer a more personalized mechanic who has worked in these a lot. It runs out fine and no other problems (except for some rust on chrome) I really love this bike and want to take care of it so it will last for a long time. Any ideas are appreciated.
I am glad I found this site I have already used it to get some other ideas. great site.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Welcome brother! You found the best VN750 website on the planet, no exaggeration.

If you want to know if there are good mechanics in your area, it would be best to let us know where "Albemarle" is. Perhaps you could include a country and maybe even a state. ;)

We may be able to help also. If you describe or get video of the engine sound, I'm sure we can help. One of us thousands of people have probably had the same sound before. We can probably diagnose and assist you with doing it yourself.

Anyway, welcome again and best of luck with the bike. Post a picture when you get a chance and let us know where you're from.

Congrats! :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Albemarle = the area around Albemarle Sound = eastern North Carolina. I know that as a former resident of Hyde County, which did not have an incorporated town or traffic light.

Edit: Albemarle is in central NC, NOT eastern NC!

Welcome to the forum. Have you read up on the Grambo Trick? There is a good possibility the ACCT springs are weak and making the noise you hear. Read the Vulcan Verses forum or do a search; you'll find it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I'm not a brother though I'm a sister lol. Albemarle is in Stanly County, North Carolina. Sorry I did not think about saying that before.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ No worries Sister, flitecontrol's got your back! If memory serves, the ACCT (automatic cam chain tensioner) fix isn't particularly daunting. DIY is a great learning tool and saves tons of cash too...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
thanks, I'm not a brother though I'm a sister lol. Albemarle is in Stanly County, North Carolina. Sorry I did not think about saying that before.
Well, it's good to have a sister on here. All us brothers bring sometimes too much testosterone. I know, I know, there's still a couple of active sisters, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shucks, I was hoping for another VN750 in Albemarle County, central Virginia. I know of one just around the corner, so there are two of us within a mile of each other.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
If you would, tell us a bit more about your bike...what year model is it? What is the bike's indicated mileage? Do you have any repair/maintenance records for it? Are you the 2nd, 3rd (or what) owner? Do you know how the bike has been stored/cared for before you got it? What mods/accessories are on the bike (if any)? Any pics we can see of it?

I guess you probably already know that the state of NC has some of the best roads for MC riding east of the Mississippi river....:pepper:....:motorcycl....:pepper:

Anyway, welcome to the Forum! Lots of good info and people here. This Forum really makes owning a VN750 a much more enjoyable experience....:smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness sister.

There is lots of help here if you want to learn to do some wrenching on your own bike. Can you tell where the engine noise is coming from? You may be able to isolate the noise with a makeshift stethoscope using a long screwdriver or piece of wooden doweling.

Here is a link to an online mc repair course if you are interested.
http://www.dansmc.com/MC_repaircourse.htm

There are a few options I can think of for your vertical challenge.;)
1. Thicker soles on your boots (with a ramped heel making it easier to slide your feet forward and back into a comfortable position on the pegs.)

2. Get the seat pad reshaped - foam lowered and/or narrowed.
example here: http://www.buttbuffer.com/roadblock.asp

3. Aftermarket seat, Corbin, Saddleman, or Mustang (not sure which ones are lower.)
4. Shorten the rear shocks from the stock 12.5" to 11.5", and let the fork tubes slide up 3/4" in the triple clamps to keep the attitude of the bike level.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I liked my first Vulcan 750 so much that I had to buy another one. Bought another bike in between the two but couldn't get over how awesome a bike the Vulcan is. Enjoy yours for years to come and welcome from a fellow newbie to the forum.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Hello and welcome to the madness... there are several fixes for the seat height issue... the easiest fix is to get a pair of 10 1/2" shocks for the rear, and either raise the forks up about an inch inside the tripple trees or get a set of progressive 2" lowering springs... although I personally lowered jsut the rear with a set of lowering shackles about 3" and gained about a 3 1/2" drop at the seat... then gained another 3" with a custom seat.

my custom seat info can be found HERE

My Lowering Shackles thread can be found here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts