Hello everyone how's it going? I have a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 with 3000 miles on it. I start my bike every couple of weeks and let it run for a while so that my carbs don't get gummed up. It is winter time and it's very cold outside, I tried to start the bike today and it wouldn't run it would only turn over. Eventually I tried to start it so many times that the battery died. (Are these bikes always hard to start when its cold out?) I took the seat off and to my surprise the negative battery terminal was melted! Terrible since this battery is only a year old. I never have problems with this bike not starting, it always starts first push of the button. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would be able to share some knowledge on this situation. I did notice when I looked at the battery that the connection wasn't the greatest on the negative terminal, when I installed the battery it was nice and tight but somehow it became loose. I also have a Schumacher battery maintainer that I keep on 24/7 in the winter, is that ok to do? Could it have had part in damaging my battery?