Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 198 Posts

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
I got all the parts tonight at the local hw. Went with stainless steel allens and nuts. Might tackle at least one side tomorrow night. The noisy side, lol.

·
1,100 Posts
Hey man, thanks so much for posting this. It's great! I got the parts yesterday and hopefully b4 the weekend I'll have a chance to put them together. So many cool people on this forum that are willing to share their ideas and mods.:beerchug::smiley_th:

·
1,100 Posts
Yeah baby, I could run my bike in a library... Ok not, but it sounds great. Wib, what did you come up with for the rear regarding the coolant bottle? I remounted it a little bit higher sitting the flat area of the bottle on top of the mounting bolt and using the washer to wedge it against the frame. Then the new acct bolt sits right in the slot where the brake cable goes. Not 100% happy with that but it seems pretty secure. Wondering what others have done. Just let the bottle stick out a little bit maybe? I'll post pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
OMG!! This was SOOOOO easy. The hardest part was finding the bonded sealing washer. Had to drive 50miles round trip for them. Ah the joys of living in a small rural town. Anyway get this!! The sleeve was missing out of the front ACCT and the f'n SPRING was missing out of the rear!!!!. Looks like all the guy did when he broke a spring (or whatever happened I'm just guessing) is a half asked mod like what we are doing. Except all he did was find a 6mm bolt that was close enough and seat it down all the way and adjust the post up until it was good enough. My valves have gone from quiet when I got the bike to stupidly loud this past week so I figured I'd this mod to see if it helped. So glad I did!!!. Engine purrs like a kitten now. Whole job both heads took about 20mins.

THANKS!!!!! This thread may have saved my bike.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Don`tcha just love it when a plan comes together?
Glad to hear everything went smoothly and you got her healed up before the engine grenaded! (Is that even a word? lol)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Grambo first.... then new springs just because I have already bought them.... but have bookmarked this thread in case I decide to go the mcct route!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Grambo first.... then new springs just because I have already bought them.... but have bookmarked this thread in case I decide to go the mcct route!
we'll see you in an oil change or two when those springs wear out! LOL

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
:confused: Do the arrows on the acct housing face up or down? Hubby can't remember how they were when he took them off!
Thanks!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
1,100 Posts
Nobody commented about what they've done with the coolant bottle placement when running the converted tensioners ? I ended up heating the bottle some to make room for the bolt.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nobody commented about what they've done with the coolant bottle placement when running the converted tensioners ? I ended up heating the bottle some to make room for the bolt.
It was a good question and now you've piqued my curiosity with your solution. Can you explain with a little more detail? How did you heat it and to what extent? Any pics?

I will be in the same boat very soon with my coolant bottle. Not sure I will copy your solution, but always interested in how others work through these little hitches.

Anyone else care to share what they've done in this regard?

John

·
Premium Member
73 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Sure we have. It's just in a different post. My simple solution was to add a couple of nuts to the bolt that holds it on. Voila, extra space & no accidental melting a hole in the resivoir. :)

·
1,100 Posts
Sure we have. It's just in a different post. My simple solution was to add a couple of nuts to the bolt that holds it on. Voila, extra space & no accidental melting a hole in the resivoir. :)
Thanks kanuck. I searched but probably not with the right words or something. Good to know though. Peace.
:smiley_th

·
1,100 Posts
It was a good question and now you've piqued my curiosity with your solution. Can you explain with a little more detail? How did you heat it and to what extent? Any pics?

I will be in the same boat very soon with my coolant bottle. Not sure I will copy your solution, but always interested in how others work through these little hitches.

Anyone else care to share what they've done in this regard?

John
Hey John. I posted pics earlier in this thread when I raised the bottle position. You can see it sitting on top of the bolt. Later I heated it with a torch (yeah overkill but all I had) and pressed in the area that was hitting the mcct. I like what kanuck did tho adding nuts or spacers to the bolt and pulling the bottle out some to make clearance. You may want to go that route.
:smiley_th

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the manual conversion on one cylinder, and on the other used the toc manufaturing replacement spring (15 percent stiffer) than stock. The toc replacement spring works great. engine is quiet now. I dont have to adjust tension or mess with em . It was 10 bucks a spring, I guess the factory ones only last a few years before they have to be replaced.

41 - 60 of 198 Posts