Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
2001 vulcan 750
34 Posts
Well, let's see how it goes 👍 sounds better so far, however, I have an exhaust leak from the crush gasket.... Coming in the mail today, so we will see if that clears up all the stupid noise 😂

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys! Found this on aliexpress, worth trying, what you think?
As Spockster noted in his comment following that one, these MCCT's can be bought on eBay pretty cheap. That's where I got mine. They are made with precision machined aluminum painted in a choice of colors. They come with a gasket to fit between the MCCT body and the cylinder and an o-ring where the bolt passes through.

The bolts are indeed long. Once I installed mine, I tightened the locknuts, removed the MCCTs from the bike, hacksawed off about 8 threads worth of extra bolt from the ends, then reinstalled. I then bought some chrome acorn nuts to fit over the bitter ends with some threadlocker.

Once 'adjusted, I don't figure I'd have to mess with themt for a while. And when I do, if the threadlock isn't enough, I can use JB Weld instead (or even a pair of visegrips on the sawed ends where the acorn nuts now are.

There is one problem however. The MCCT on the rear cylinder leaks oil. I assume it's because of the downward angle it faces, unlike the one on the front cylinder which points upward. Still, I'm disappointed that the o-ring isn't doing its job, even with the locknut tightened firmly.

Has anyone else encountered this problem - either with these or the TOCs? Any ideas what I can do about it?

Dirty Doc mentioned that his leaked and apparently he lives with it that way. Me, I'm tempted to go back to the ACCTs as my chain wasn't rattling too bad to begin with.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Some good sealer? Like Right Stuff, maybe. Sounds like it's leaking on the bolt threads. Teflon tape? Maybe?

Not sure if right stuff will work, but this is it:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah it's leaking down the bolt threads, which tells me that the supplied o-ring underneath the locknut isn't working very well. Thanks for the suggestion of Right Stuff. I've got some of that. It won't be ideal as that will have to be resealed any time I tweak the adjustment but it beats putting the autos back on there.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
That’s why I asked where it was leaking from. if it’s around the bolt maybe you can cut a new gasket. The Teflon tape as spockster said isn’t a bad idea at all.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Yes, check in your plumbing department, you might have some Teflon tape. Sometimes I use two orings, if there's room, but distorted orings won't seal.

You might be able to find better orings.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got plenty of Teflon tape around. I've also got some Great White joint compound. Both claim to be fine up to 500 F. Those would be easier to use than Right Stuff.

Good point about the o-rings too. At that price point, the supplied ones may not be good quality or able to stand the heat. I'll check 'em out when go to seal the threads.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
I've got plenty of Teflon tape around. I've also got some Great White joint compound. Both claim to be fine up to 500 F. Those would be easier to use than Right Stuff.

Good point about the o-rings too. At that price point, the supplied ones may not be good quality or able to stand the heat. I'll check 'em out when go to seal the threads.
On several applications I've had to get OEM orings to get something to seal. Dorman sells aluminum coolant fittings to replace OEM plastic on cars, but the orings they give you never would seal (they may have fixed that problem since the most recent ones did work).

Speaking of coolant, I did use two orings for the coolant tubes on the heads.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts