Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a new camera so I can post up pics of my "new to me" VN750. I love this site and have already learned so much its rediculous. This thing looks like new. The ONLY problem I had with it was one rear turn signal was broke off (replaced) and it needs new front brake pads ASAP. This thing still has the original "red and blue" stickers on the tank for the vent line and Ca. smog garbage.

Of course right after I snapped this ONE pic it started to rain. I will update this thread with some more detailed pics. This bike is 100% stock and I will be kept that way. Why mess with almost perfection right? :beerchug:

random 051 (Medium).jpg

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Keeping the bike stock is cool, but there are some things that will make owning it a much better experience.

1. Spline Lube.
2. Maintenence free battery.
3. Iridium plugs.
4. Inspect/clean all neg(-) battery grounding points (frame and motor). Do the same for the (+) connection at the starter. As a matter of fact, cleaning and packing the connectors (with dielectric grease) on the wiring from the stator to the R/R might save trouble down the road.
5. If your not going to consider adding a voltmeter, consider re-locating the R/R.

There is a lot of lit here on this forum to explain everything I have mentioned.

I like the color too ... :smiley_th

The Vulcan 750 is a great lightweight fast attack cruiser. You are going to love it.

:beerchug:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Sharp, clean lookin Bike, especially for a 96, and as KM said, that is a great color...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Great looking bike! Looks exactly like mine, except for the red (mine's all black).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of curiousity I pulled the seat. It already has a brand new MAF battery. Snapped a couple of pics I thought might be of interest to anyone on the board. First is the "blue and red" stickers on a CA emissions bike. In case anyone needs to know which is which without having to trace lines. Second and third pics are some stock diagrams (that are on the rear fender) I thought might be of interest. Funny thing is I did not even wipe it down before taking pics. This is the cleanest bike I have ever had.
random 055 (Medium).jpg
random 053 (Large).jpg

random 054 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sweet. I have always liked that color on the bike...

If someone on ebay just sold a luggage rack for $240 , then your extended back rest should be worth a cool 300....;)

Uh, welcome to the group BTW.

KM
LOL

The saddlebag supports and extended back rest are the last two items still available from Maw Kaw. The supports are 160 bucks, and the backrest 190. The engine guard came off the website sometime in the last two weeks; I dunno how long the luggage rack has been unavailable.

Welcome to the group; nice scoot!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
nice bike... is identical to my 96, including the backrest and rack, except i don't have the footrests on the engine guard.
i paid $2200 for mine 3 years ago and it had about 16,000 miles on it. was also spotless.. not a scratch or dent anywhere.
also.. my bike is a CA model with the extra tubing.. which i will take off one of these days if it ever stops snowing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts