Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 05 with only 4500mls on it 3 weeks ago,,,was running great,,last night took it out and was bogging out in lower gears when I wasn't hitting the throttle hard,,when my throttle was only slightly on it bogged out,,choked,,any idea's?

·
1987 Vulan VN750-A
34 Posts
I had that problem with mine too. My problem was caused by the vent hose on the right side air cleaner. It comes from the middle of the carburetors, and comes out by the right side air cleaner, mine was completely out sitting loose, but some people pinch them when they take off the tank. If you look at the back of the air cleaner, there's a hole at the rear of the air cleaner, you just shove it in there till it stops, then pull it out about an inch or so.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bogging down

It could be the vent hose. Make sure it is routed properly and when you put it on the air cleaner , cut the end at a 45 degree angle to keep it from bottoming out. If it is already connected to the ear cut it at an angle, your problem might be that it is bottoming out.

Ride Safe
Mcneuby

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bogging Down

Another thing you could try would be to run Sea Foam through it. A couple tanks of fuel with a strong dose of Sea Foam has worked wonders for me.

Mcneuby

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Another thing you could try would be to run Sea Foam through it. A couple tanks of fuel with a strong dose of Sea Foam has worked wonders for me.

Mcneuby
It's always worth a try. I pop Seafoam in every 2-3 full tanks to keep things clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts