Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I picked up a set for $25.00 a couple months ago, couldn't believe they were that cheap but they were, got them on EBay as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Viking Bags

I too purchased the F&S saddlebag kit from ebay and installed a set of Viking Bags. I highly recommend the Viking Bags. The price is excellent and the initial quality is very impressive. I've only had them on for a week so can't attest to the long term quality yet but they seem well made and I expect they will weather well.

With a discount on the Viking website the bags cost me about $140 shipped and received them within 3 days. With the $40 spent on the saddlebag kit the bags cost me about $180 to install. I debated using the Mutazu bags as started this long thread and also considered the GIVI E21N's. But decided on the Viking Warrior medium size. Except for the helmet locks the install was easy. I ended up having to cut and break off the helmet locks as I just could not get the screws out. They stripped and my efforts to work them out created only cuss words and frustration.

The Viking Bags come with four holes pre-drilled for a hard mount. Unfortunately they were not lined up correctly for the F&S kit so I had to drill another hole on each bag. They provide rubber plugs to fill the holes not being used. There is a clip on the bottom that I used to secure the bottom of the bags by using two cable ties on each side.

I like the look of the bag. It is not too big but is sufficient to carry most things on a short commute. I will attach another bag for longer trips when needed.

My VN is a 2006 model. I added shorter bars with a genmar riser and after market mirrors. A National Cycle Flyscreen is installed and I have the rear luggage rack.

Just thought I would share my experience with the group. I haven't posted before but often look at the site.

Attachments

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great job! I ordered the saddlebag supports (got them for $53.00 on ebay). Where did you get the luggage rack?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I purchased a saddle bag support kit to put hard bags on the bike. It involved removing the rear blinkers and helmet locks - 4 Phillips head screws - 3 of which were hopeless frozen, promptly stripped, and had to be drilled out. I became impatient and broke a bit in the last one. Getting that cobalt bit out was a treat. Then I assembled the brackets, measured twice and drilled holes once for the bags, put it all together, only to find that the bolts they supplied are just a hair too short. They are metric and bolt into existing threads on the bike's rails so I couldn't just replace them with a standard bolt and nut and I couldn't find the correct metric bolts anyplace local. I had to order them from (believe it or not) "Bolt Depot." Did you know there was a place called Bolt Depot? I didn't. It should be easy to finish once I get my delivery from Bolt Depot in 3 to 7 days. Given my childish need for immediate gratification, this was painful. There is a blizzard coming to the north east this week, at least I can take solace in the fact that I will not be riding anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi RPR. The bags look terrific. Where did you get the luggage rack? I looked for them but can't find anyone who says it will work on the 750.

·
Registered
82 Posts
On the advice of a few members I checked Cycletrader looking for a bike for sale with a luggage rack and found a gentleman in California selling a non-functioning 750 for $300.00. He sold me the luggage rack for $75.00.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts